Winter is here and… I am running cold 🥶

Altero

Well I play a lot of Hexapro, and I had good outcomes, don’t consider myself a bad player but definitely I don’t have any “luck” regarding my hands.

I do now about variance and all the bla bla bla, but lately in Hexapro I find myself in situations that is almost impossible to control. I play rather safe and I would consider that my bluff rate is under the 10% in a general view. However I do observe that players that use and abuse bluff tender to win an enormous amount of hands, specifically in the river. I have suffered and saw probably more than I should, bad beats and all ins with the most ridiculous hands beating prime hands. And some players that win consecutively with the worst hands, and in this I mean a 62s all in in a 10x (250€) beating a AKs, and I just quietly leave my 8’s out of the war…

Now what justifies, a player in Hexapro 25/50/100 with 10x plus prizes as reward, go all win with 62, J6, Q3, A2 of or even low pairs, go all in in the first bet and winning that hand against premium hands? Is it luck, coincidence or anything else? 

And when this happens as a huge consequence in the playability of the rest of the game, giving a good advantage to villains and conditioning the development of the game.

I have thousands of hours and euros invested in Hexapro, but I can say that over 60% of my loses are against lower hands. Almost feels there is a system that goes randomly awarding players.

1 hour ago, Altero said:

abuse bluff

1 hour ago, Altero said:

And some players that win consecutively with the worst hands, and in this I mean a 62s all in in a 10x (250€) beating a AKs, and I just quietly leave my 8’s out of the war…

1 hour ago, Altero said:

Now what justifies

Well.. that. You kinda answered your own questions :classic_laugh: 
Ever heard of saying "power belongs to who takes it?" It's same thing with money at play.. mainly.
In poker, in the long run, it's pretty much that very very often. Get weak on the streets, get exploited by the fields players. Most of them.
It's not magic :) And most certainly, no-ones gonna ask how the losing participant is feeling about it. It can be brutal at times, but that's the game everybody chooses to try win in at. So does the winners. Winners tend to accept the inevitable losing parts of the game.

Edited by Rushbie
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Altero said:

However I do observe that players that use and abuse bluff tender to win an enormous amount of hands, specifically in the river.

Surprisingly, as far as I know on the river, most players bluff less, even when they have to. But I'm a micro player, so of course the situation can be different at higher limits.

Now what justifies, a player in Hexapro 25/50/100 with 10x plus prizes as reward, go all win with 62, J6, Q3, A2 of or even low pairs, go all in in the first bet and winning that hand against premium hands? Is it luck, coincidence or anything else? 

2023-12-09042000.png.d1d894ec6df360eb2307123746d1523b.png

I have thousands of hours and euros invested in Hexapro, but I can say that over 60% of my loses are against lower hands.

Selective memory. I'm sure if you take at least 1,000 of your all-ins, review them, and calculate the expected and actual winning percentages, you'll be amazed at the results. But if you are not surprised and there really will be a strong skew in the data, then you can write about it on the forum. I used to do this myself, took a notebook, wrote down the expected % of winnings in the first column, and the actual one (0 or 100%) in the second column, this is quite convenient and can be done without any problems during the game. And it turned out that even within one session, everything is not as scary as it seemed, this method shows well that our brain can deceive us more than a poker room, RNG or something else 🙃

• Like 4