Feedback for Chip Race Series

Farseer

Hello, thought to open a feedback thread for latest MTT series. Generally it was very nice, but thought to bring up some issues while also praising some stuff so that it won't get changed to worse:

Good stuff, don't spoil it:

• 8 days of running time is great. 10 days would be max, but having 2 Sundays with nice events seems best to me.
  • 3-4 events per day with different starting times was great as well - starting with deeper stacks and getting turbo / hyper events as last ones. Might do 4 events each day next time, but 3 was fine as well for weekdays.
  • It was great to have only 25€-100€ events without hugely bigger buy-ins.
  • Leaderboard had a nice prize structure. 

Room to improve:

• Leaderboard calculation system was a mess, with top 17% getting points. This often made double bubble effect, which makes stalling near bubbles superior strategy. It is also annoying to count each time separately how many players get points. This could be improved by making all events to give points, but top XX results counted instead - 10 or 12 results would be good for series like this.
  • Satellite program was not adjusted for the series. This was mainly problem with 100€ events, since there were no extra satellites (either flip or regular) for Series events and schedule usually has only few 100€ events each week. Next time I would hope to see some mega satellites and flip satellites for 100€ events.
  • Main Event #23 didn't have PKO mentioned anywhere in the tournament name, so missed it. Better to put it next time clearly. I would also make main event regular event and change that #24 PKO instead.
  • I would love to have some more variety in the schedule. While Omaha Hi-Lo would be great, I guess software limitations are a problem. But there could be some variety in the blind levels and starting stacks too - like instead of regular "hyper" event which starts deep with 100bb or 200bb and has 3 minute blinds you could have event which starts with less chips (like 50bb) but has bit longer blinds, like 4 minutes. That way tournament wouldn't last (much) longer, but there would be bit more to play at the later stages of tournament.
  • It would be fun to have some stream or youtube videos from series done by Lucky Lappin or Dara during the series. Not necessarily each day, but maybe during Sundays at least?

Next time also make it less clear that Lappin has houseplayer edge by adjusting his run good-meter into something we could believe to be fair 😂

12 hours ago, Farseer said:

Room to improve:

• Leaderboard calculation system was a mess, with top 17% getting points. This often made double bubble effect, which makes stalling near bubbles superior strategy. It is also annoying to count each time separately how many players get points. This could be improved by making all events to give points, but top XX results counted instead - 10 or 12 results would be good for series like this.
  • Satellite program was not adjusted for the series. This was mainly problem with 100€ events, since there were no extra satellites (either flip or regular) for Series events and schedule usually has only few 100€ events each week. Next time I would hope to see some mega satellites and flip satellites for 100€ events.
  • Main Event #23 didn't have PKO mentioned anywhere in the tournament name, so missed it. Better to put it next time clearly. I would also make main event regular event and change that #24 PKO instead.
  • I would love to have some more variety in the schedule. While Omaha Hi-Lo would be great, I guess software limitations are a problem. But there could be some variety in the blind levels and starting stacks too - like instead of regular "hyper" event which starts deep with 100bb or 200bb and has 3 minute blinds you could have event which starts with less chips (like 50bb) but has bit longer blinds, like 4 minutes. That way tournament wouldn't last (much) longer, but there would be bit more to play at the later stages of tournament.
  • It would be fun to have some stream or youtube videos from series done by Lucky Lappin or Dara during the series. Not necessarily each day, but maybe during Sundays at least?

1. It'll take some server dev work to create something new as far as a leaderboard formula but we can look into it over the next few months. It is something that only really affects 1-2% of the players that play in a series so will not be a high priority.

2. We didn't need extra qualifiers to meet the GTDs so there was no need to add more. Some additional qualifiers were added on the Saturday but other than that there really was no reason for extras and creating potential overlay when we don't need it. That would only be good for the overlay vultures 😉

3. I dropped the ball on that one. There might have been a small possibility the name of the tournament, when PKO was included, would have been too long for the server to allow it and I removed it but it should have been there for consistancy.

4. No tournament in the series started with 3 minute levels. We used every blind level from 4min to 9min and then the variable levels for the big events. Other than using some <100bb starting stack, I don't really see why we'd need to deviate from 100bb/200bb/300bb. A lot of the possible stacks between these just lead to a single level extra of play and would just be confusing when we have standardized naming for tournaments now. 

5. Up to the lads if they want to do that. 

Poker Janitor