Software bug cost me over 300 EUR

Killerblade

Hi - The hand in question is:  (I am Cloud9Don) 

Game #1804169798: Table €200 NL - 1.00/2.00 - No Limit Hold'Em - 09:40:45 2023/01/10
*** Seated players ***
Seat 1: Imking (€602.01)
Seat 2: Cloud9Don (€339.92)
Seat 3: iseedead (€200)
Seat 4: JumpTmystack (€336.99)
Seat 5: 231457442 (€262.61)
Seat 6: kolkvlv (€224.06)
*** Blinds and button ***
JumpTmystack has the button
231457442 posts small blind €1
kolkvlv posts big blind €2
*** Hole cards ***
Dealt in 231457442
Dealt in kolkvlv
Dealt in Imking
Dealt to Cloud9Don [8d Ks]
Dealt in iseedead
Dealt to JumpTmystack [Kh Kd]
*** Preflop ***
Imking folds
Cloud9Don raises €339.92 to €339.92, and is all-in
iseedead folds
JumpTmystack calls €336.99, and is all-in
231457442 folds
kolkvlv folds
Uncalled bet returned to Cloud9Don: €2.93
*** Showdown ***
*** Flop *** [7c 4d 5d]
*** Turn *** [7c 4d 5d] [8s]
*** River *** [7c 4d 5d] [8s] [2c]
Cloud9Don shows [8d Ks], A Pair of Eights
JumpTmystack shows [Kh Kd], A Pair of Kings
JumpTmystack wins €673.98
*** Summary ***
Total pot €676.98 Rake €3
Seat 2: Cloud9Don: bet €339.92 and won €2.93, net result: €-336.99
Seat 4: JumpTmystack: bet €336.99 and won €673.98, net result: €336.99
Seat 5: 231457442: bet €1 and won €0, net result: €-1
Seat 6: kolkvlv: bet €2 and won €0, net result: €-2

I should start by saying i have been a player here for years.  I have never complained or had a situation like this.  I went to fold, my internet disconected for a split second and next thing i reconnect and i am all in.  

If CS check my account you will see I play quite alot and for decent stakes and have never had a situation like this, but this is not acceptable and i demand a full refund of this pot.  

Can anyone advise how to go about this and fast?

Thanks

There won't be a refund for this I'm afraid. 

It takes two separate inputs on the mobile app to have the slider move to max and for you to call which isn't something the client is programmed to do for any reason. It needs human interaction. Those two inputs are right next to each other as you can tap on the word max to move the slider instantly and then bet/call is right under it. We can see how long it took for you to make the bet and it wasn't quick enough to have been automated. I've recreated it in a quicker time in testing so it looks like a very expensive misclick.  

Poker Janitor

20 minutes ago, Andy-Unibet said:

There won't be a refund for this I'm afraid. 

It takes two separate inputs on the mobile app to have the slider move to max and for you to call which isn't something the client is programmed to do for any reason. It needs human interaction. Those two inputs are right next to each other as you can tap on the word max to move the slider instantly and then bet/call is right under it. We can see how long it took for you to make the bet and it wasn't quick enough to have been automated. I've recreated it in a quicker time in testing so it looks like a very expensive misclick.

Hi Andy and thanks for the reply! 

I didn't bet call.  It literally just put me all in.  I spend alot of time studying poker and I have spent thousand and thousand on unibet as I'm sure you can see.  I assure you this was not a misclick.  I am very cautious with stuff like this.  I have always spoke highly of you guys and I would really like for you to atleast take this seriously.  300 eur is not enough for me to even spend my time on this but the principle of it is.  I really believe this should be refunded given my history of play as evidence that what im claiming is the truth. 

11 minutes ago, Killerblade said:

Hi Andy and thanks for the reply! 

I didn't bet call.  It literally just put me all in.  I spend alot of time studying poker and I have spent thousand and thousand on unibet as I'm sure you can see.  I assure you this was not a misclick.  I am very cautious with stuff like this.  I have always spoke highly of you guys and I would really like for you to atleast take this seriously.  300 eur is not enough for me to even spend my time on this but the principle of it is.  I really believe this should be refunded given my history of play as evidence that what im claiming is the truth. 

I wasn't suggesting you bet first and then called off, I just referenced the button that is used to bet or call, depending on the hand status. 

I did take it seriously. I checked the hand to see if your inputs were outside the realm of human capability, which they were not, and then tested to see if I could recreate it, which I could, and faster. The value of the pot is irrelevant to the decision here and your previous play is also not relevant to your ability to accidentally tap two areas on your device in quick succession.

Poker Janitor

Andy. I didn't click all in. I don't know if it was to do with a disconnect or what but it genuinley wasnt my error.  I have spent thousands in rake on unibet and im willing to close my account and move all of my play to another website over this.  Can we atleast meet half way and have a partial refund?

Hi Andy, so to confirm, I have been a customer for years. Deposited over 5 figures, paid thousands in rake and never made a complaint.  

I assure you this was not my error, and I am even willing to meet you guys half way in terms of getting some kind of refund, and you are denying me this?  Sorry to continue this I just want confirmation.

Thanks 

If you would have won, would you ask them to remove extra funds and return them to opponent? 😄

I guess hard for them to refund anything when nothing proves that refund is in order? Could be missclick, or even intentional collusion. (not saying it is)

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Killerblade said:

Hi Andy, so to confirm, I have been a customer for years. Deposited over 5 figures, paid thousands in rake and never made a complaint.  

I assure you this was not my error, and I am even willing to meet you guys half way in terms of getting some kind of refund, and you are denying me this?  Sorry to continue this I just want confirmation.

Thanks 

Sorry for the late reply but yes, I am denying this. 

We'll probably never know exactly why the two inputs required to move the slider from the default min position to max and then to tap the bet button happened but we can say for 100% certainty it wasn't the client. This leave human or device error and we're not liable to refund due to errors caused by either. 

Even offering a partial refund as goodwill sets a dangerous precedence where any customer could claim the the client made them go all in, either as a pure freeroll or because they were colluding with another player to try and make some money. I'm 100% confident you were not trying to do either of those things but the rule needs to be black and white here.

• Like 1

Poker Janitor

I have had several close misclick punts with mobile soft. Slider jumps easily to all in if phone slips or something.

So I recommend to play w/ desktop client when grinding high stakes.

Edited by svante5
  • Sad 1