Bet settle question involving abandons

FaiDeaEmo

So most of the tenis fans know how even was today`s semi-final between Nadal and Zverev and the sad finish it had... Anyways moving on i`m curious about how bets are settled in sports when u bet on anything except 1 or 2 to win when an abandon happens... Are there any bets that don`t get nullified except betting on winner 1 or 2? I noticed some days ago that a bet on winner 1 and 2 was settled as loss when an abandon happened in tenis and a bet today on second set winner was nullified after abandon. So i`m just curious if all bets except 1 and 2 winner of match are nullified if it hasn`t been a conclusion before the abandon.

03062022a.jpg

03062022b.jpg

@FaiDeaEmo If a player retires during first set, all bets that cannot be determinated will be voided.

If one set is played, match odds will be settled and player who advance will be the winner. For the other markets, all bets that cannot be determinated will be voided. For example you will never have the market set winner settled if a player retires during that set. But you can have markets like under/over or handicap games settled. Let's say you have score 7-6 6-7 and a player retires. In this case over 3.5 set will bet settled as win even they played only 2 sets. Also over 37.5 games will bet settled as win because minimum score can be 7-6 6-7 6-0 6-0, so 38 games, bet is determinated by natural conclusion.

• Like 2

Seems a bit wierd that this logic doesn`t start from the moment the abandon occured? for example lets say ur score was 7-6 and 4-4 instead, abandon occurs in 2nd set at 4-4 then it should be 6-4 2nd set result and then 6-0 6-0 other ? 

Thank you for other examples now i know better 🙂 will consider them in the future when i gamble on tenis.

Edited by FaiDeaEmo

From what I`ve seen after they hurt themselves during the match, they aren`t unable to play at their full potential after the accident and when one choses to retire during the late stages of a tournament, he probably has no shot of playing even half of what they normally do at that stage in the match, which should mean on theory that the opponent could have a massive advantage from the accident onwards.