basketball bet

tipsbhoy1888

Hi I'm quite new to betting Basketball but had a bet on a Japanese match in play (Fukushima Fire Bonds - Fighting Eagles Nagoya) I bet on the match to be over 185.5 points as the first half was over 90 points. I came very close as the score was 185 points. Now I was under the impression if your bet is on the cusp between a win and a loss thats a void bet? My bet is settled as a loss but I think there's been a mistake and it should be a void. It was actually very unlucky as the score was 180 with around 6-7 minutes left. Normally bet NBA but none were on and went with my gut based on the previous quarters. 

Hi @tipsbhoy1888

When you bet on over 185,5 points, you need there to be 186 or more points for the bet to be a winner. 185 points or less mean that your bet is a losing one.

On football and hockey, for example, you see full point handicaps/totals, and on those your bet will be voided if you get the exact result ( for example when you bet on over 2 goals and the match ends 1-1 ).

Unlucky 😕

Edited by Purps
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Purps said:

Hi @tipsbhoy1888

When you bet on over 185,5 points, you need there to be 186 or more points for the bet to be a winner. 185 points or less mean that your bet is a losing one.

On football and hockey, for example, you see full point handicaps/totals, and on those your bet will be voided if you get the exact result ( for example when you bet on over 2 goals and the match ends 1-1 ).

Unlucky 😕

I know so close! Good idea and just very unlucky I checked again first half was 96 points and as both seemed quite evenly matched I figured more of the same in the 2nd half. Just 1 point short!