A poker blog.. What do you want to see?

MoreTBC

With the Rio showdown now over I need to find some other way to keep the weekly grind interesting so I'm considering starting some sort of blog to track how average a player I am :) Just wanted to see what kind of stuff other people look for in a blog they read regularly on content that might make them want to read a blog if they don't already. I've subscribed to a number of the PG&C threads on 2+2 (inc. a few Unibet players) and the good ones tend to have the following things in them:-

• Session play reports
  • +/- for the day/week/month possibly with graph
  • Difficult hands posted for discussion
  • Real world information

Is there anything else people would want? Is there anything not on the list that would make you read a poker blog? If I do  one it'll be mostly for personal benefit because I know I can post hands here and have people tel me what I'm supposed to be doing but if I can at least make it interesting for as many people as possible then everyone can get something out of it :)

Discuss.. 

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

Aside from the reports & graphs, pictures of real world events would keep the thread interesting. Places you went, if you played live (Maybe picture of stack), If you decided to grind outdoors on laptop/Ipad maybe pictures of scenery, etc. Keep the thread 70% statistics/analysis & 30% real world. The real world aspect is extremely important otherwise it gets too boring to consistently follow. :smileyindifferent:

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

Well I'm always looking to learn, so any advice... what you did wrong, what worked well for you, any little tips you can give away, would be great to read.

In fact what I would love to find somewhere is a blow by blow analysis of a difficult hand with a discussion of your thought processes in making your decisions. If that's not asking too much :smileylol:

Just call me Mrs Kings :-)

- My sum total of live play is 1 tourney so chip p0rn is going to be difficult. I also hate getting my photo taken with a passion so I doubt there will be many of me. If I make a UO or UOUK event I'll post plenty of stuff though.

- Definitely would try and make it as educational as possible. It'll definitely be good for me to type out my process and have some of the good players tell me where all the holes are. If other players benefit from it than that makes typing it out in the first place worth it.

- Completely agree. There is not enough analysis in the community just now. Would be great to make everyone here a little better :)

Thanks for the input guys :) I'll probably start something on or around the 1st of Sept, seems like a good to start things.   

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

Pictures don't have to include you if you feel uncomfortable. Could just be the location if you decide to play outdoors & are somewhere fancy/beautiful. Based on your posts I can tell you're an extremely smart person so I will definitely be sure to drop in from time to time to read analysis & pick up some pointers.

Good luck on your journey & may the cards be on your side 🆒

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

Archived