I won a bet but i was given less than the odds?

rainyday1355

I have done bets before and they never took any tax from me..

But recently I am not receiving the exact amount and its frustrating me! For example today i had a 20 euros bet on Trefl Gdansk to win and the odds where 1.60. I won the bet and instead of receiving 32 euros i received 30.40 euros!

Thanks for your help and im waiting for an answer!

I just received additional information @rainyday1355:
"9.6 All stakes on sports betting placed by customer domiciled or ordinarily resident in the Federal Republic of Germany are subject to a 5% tax. This tax is borne by Unibet. Unibet does not deduct this tax from the stake. Due to the additional tax burden Unibet has implemented an odds adjustment of 5 %. In case customers win, odds and therefore winnings of customers domiciled or ordinarily resident in the Federal Republic of Germany will be reduced by 5%. Unibet will not apply such odds adjustment if the value of the bet is equal to or lower than the stake, except in case of a shared position or when Tattersall’s Rule 4, is applied in which cases Unibet will make such odds adjustment. Unibet will not accept a bet where the total odds is equal to or lower than 1.06."

The adjustment (deduction for tax) is made to the odds, as per the T and C above "Due to the additional tax burden Unibet has implemented an odds adjustment of 5 %". Given that the decimal odds include the 1.00 for the stake, this applies the deduction to the full returns.

A deduction would not occur if odds were 1.00 or lower for example 5 Euros on a draw no bet market that ends in a draw. The returns would be 5 Euros (equal to the stake) so no deduction would apply.
Another example may be an Asian handicap bet where only half of the bet wins and half loses, making returns smaller than stake.

/Ray

Former Community Moderator

Archived