UEFA Champions League 2018/2019

Steel_Hungary

Of course, the money made this gap. Sky, BT and now Amazon pays a lot for the best business, called Premier League, and they all have some asian, russian, or arab billionaire behind them. Ja, its bad. Bundesliga however can keep their sweet traditions (i like too), but it leads exactly here, they are non-factor in Europe. Look at the UEFA coefficient (i know its not a masterpiece, but still shows some truth). Around 2010-2014 Germany had the second or third best rate, than France and Italy came closer, last year even Russia had more points, and Portugal got about the same. Thank god, this year they have laughable groups, and the points are valid for 5 years, otherwise bye-bye 4 german CL teams. It still can happen soon. Italy was in the same sh i t couple of years ago, but now beside title contender Juventus, there are teams like Roma,  Napoli or Inter who are able to beat the big guns. Some years ago we saw the same from Bremen, Wolfsburg, Leverkusen, and we had Bayern-Borussia final. I agree, money can make this difference, but what i state (Bundesliga is the weakest i can remember) its sadly a fact. 

Bayern will move next year? Im talking about this year. They are weak, they should replace Robbery years ago. Dortmund can play some good football, they are the hope for the germans. Lets see what they can do against Atletico. But even their star signing, Paco shows where is the Bundesliga now. Messi sent this poor guy away because he said, he is not even near to Barcelona level. Like a second hand cloth, but still great for Bundesliga. 

(i really like and follow Bundesliga, and i admire Hoffenheim where they come from)

@cris1285 wrote:

Of course, the money made this gap. Sky, BT and now Amazon pays a lot for the best business, called Premier League, and they all have some asian, russian, or arab billionaire behind them. Ja, its bad. Bundesliga however can keep their sweet traditions (i like too), but it leads exactly here, they are non-factor in Europe. Look at the UEFA coefficient (i know its not a masterpiece, but still shows some truth). Around 2010-2014 Germany had the second or third best rate, than France and Italy came closer, last year even Russia had more points, and Portugal got about the same. Thank god, this year they have laughable groups, and the points are valid for 5 years, otherwise bye-bye 4 german CL teams. It still can happen soon. Italy was in the same sh i t couple of years ago, but now beside title contender Juventus, there are teams like Roma,  Napoli or Inter who are able to beat the big guns. Some years ago we saw the same from Bremen, Wolfsburg, Leverkusen, and we had Bayern-Borussia final. I agree, money can make this difference, but what i state (Bundesliga is the weakest i can remember) its sadly a fact. 

Bayern will move next year? Im talking about this year. They are weak, they should replace Robbery years ago. Dortmund can play some good football, they are the hope for the germans. Lets see what they can do against Atletico. But even their star signing, Paco shows where is the Bundesliga now. Messi sent this poor guy away because he said, he is not even near to Barcelona level. Like a second hand cloth, but still great for Bundesliga. 

(i really like and follow Bundesliga, and i admire Hoffenheim where they come from)

Over the past 5 years, after the BVB-Bayern final, Bayern made the UCL semi-finals 4 times. Premier League teams in total made the UCL semis just 3 times. :laugh: So yeah, while I agree, that the Bundesliga has gotten worse, your statement that German teams only get by due to easy scheduling is laughable. Despite English teams having a huge money advantage, reaching the UCL quarter finals is something out of the ordinary  for Premier League teams (ManUtd and Arsenal say hello).

Paco is a bad player because he couldn't hold up against Messi, Suarez and Coutinho?  You make it sound as if the quality of the Bundesliga is a Euro version of the MLS or the CSL. What do you think? Are we still ahead of the Thai Premier League?

Speaking of the UEFA rankings, nobody in Germany cares about the Europa League. No one. Last year, the BVB had a bad year, Red Bull played its first UCL season and Hoffenheim was kicked out against Liverpool during the final qualifier round. In the Europa League, teams like Berlin, Köln and Freiburg were rather surprise participants, because teams like Schalke, Bayer, Gladbach had a bad 16/17 season.

Honestly, 50+1 is not the issue here. In the Bundesliga we also have a few company owned teams (Bayer, Wolfsburg and Red Bull) circumventing this rule. It's not like those teams played great over the past few years.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

• 1 month later...

@JRE wrote:

Atletico Madrid - Borussia Dortmund 1, 2.10

🤣 I hope you didn't bet too much! Except Zagadou, we're playing with our A-Team...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Is it just me or is Atletico fielding the all ugly team? Correa, Kalinic, Juanfran, Thomas, Diego Costa, Simeone? Yuck...:speechless:

Tough game for us, nothing from Pulisic and Alcacer so far and Akanji is having a really rough day today!

Ugly football ugly players, perfect match isnt it? :happy: Thanks for the 4-0, we had a nice odds boost on Atletico Madrid against the little bit overrated Borussia. Anyway, Dortmund should be locked on the top, because they lost only by two goals. So even this match wasnt too important, the odds was really worth to try.

Energy saved for Der Klassiker, i surely will watch that one. :rockon:

Liverpool  🤣 🤣 :haha: :speechless:

Archived