cashgame shortstack is booming

imdenuts

No serious, why is 50bb stacks a thing?

No i did not lose several stacks vs shortstackers i would just rather not have them around. :haha:

Also would it be possible for the community to post suggestions on a subforum where the unibet team can pick out a few, wich could quarterly get polled and the best suggestions eventually implemented into the client?

Example Suggestion: the winner of the quarterly poll can get a custom avatar. 😏

Short stacks are easy to beat. Just 4-bet shove a few more hands and go with more hands postflop, e.g. top pair in a 3-bet pot is almost always good enough to play for stacks now.

I don’t like playing vs. short stacks either because it’s rather boring and too simplistic, but it’s something we have to deal with.

I don't have a problem with players that adopt a shortstack strategy either, but I wish they would not be able to leave and rejoin the table with 50bb again after doubling or tripling up. There should be like 15 minutes of downtime where you are reseated with the same stack.

Better to be lucky than good.

@Esirwrote:

I don't have a problem with players that adopt a shortstack strategy either, but I wish they would not be able to leave and rejoin the table with 50bb again after doubling or tripling up. There should be like 15 minutes of downtime where you are reseated with the same stack.

This doesn’t make sense. If you allow players applying a short stack strategy you can’t force them to play 100bb deep. When you allow buying in for 50bb you have to let people rejoin whenever they feel like it.

I don’t see the problem either. When you loose 50bb vs. a short stacker and he rejoins you can still win 50bb. Why should you be allowed to win 50bb if it’s 1:1 in results and you just happened to win the big one?

I think what hes trying to say is its a dirty move to take chips you just won off off a table.If you win chips they stay on the table until you leave .Like for the rest of the night.it seems to me and im sure a lot of other people to that if you win chips you cant take them off the table to stay with a small stack.First because your taking other peoples money off the table and it gives them no opertunity to win it back.Ive seen people do that before and honestly i find it shady and very disrepecful to other players.I live in edmonton alberta Canada and if you leave the table to cash out you cant come back for 5 hours to play and if you do come back to play within the 5 hour period  you have to play with what you cashed out.

@GamesDeanwrote:

@Esirwrote:

This doesn’t make sense. If you allow players applying a short stack strategy you can’t force them to play 100bb deep. When you allow buying in for 50bb you have to let people rejoin whenever they feel like it.

I don’t see the problem either. When you loose 50bb vs. a short stacker and he rejoins you can still win 50bb. Why should you be allowed to win 50bb if it’s 1:1 in results and you just happened to win the big one?

Well, no one is forced, they can just take a 15 minute break or have more tables open where they can play 50bb deep.

It doesn't bother me too much, but the money should stay on the table unless you quit.

Better to be lucky than good.

@WarawaDKwrote:

I think what hes trying to say is its a dirty move to take chips you just won off off a table.If you win chips they stay on the table until you leave .Like for the rest of the night.it seems to me and im sure a lot of other people to that if you win chips you cant take them off the table to stay with a small stack.First because your taking other peoples money off the table and it gives them no opertunity to win it back.Ive seen people do that before and honestly i find it shady and very disrepecful to other players.I live in edmonton alberta Canada and if you leave the table to cash out you cant come back for 5 hours to play and if you do come back to play within the 5 hour period  you have to play with what you cashed out.

Imo, you can’t compare live poker to online poker. Also, you don’t take other peoples’ money off the table – it’s your money now and you can do whatever you want. If you reseat with 100bb after winning 100bb from an opponent I don’t see a problem either because your opponent is very able then to win his lost 100bb back. If you don’t feel skilled enough to play 200bb stack poker or when your’e even feeling unconfomfortable with 100bb, why should you be forced to play that way?

@EsirEspecially on higher limits, there are only that many tables you can join. If we enforce your logic, many players will not be able to play a short stack strategy. It’s up to Unibet to force players to buy-in for a 100bb but as long as it’s possible to apply a short stack strategy we should accept things how they are. Also, why didn’t you address my point that you don’t loose out on a chance to win your money back when you loose 50bb vs. a short stack and he reseats with 50bb. Why do you think it’s fair that your opponent has to play deep stack poker – an archetype you probably feel more comfortable playing?

Archived