View- Rake is higher at 25NL then 100NL+ for serious players

Sect7G

Although the rake on paper is 5.5% for 25nl and 6% for 100NL+ the reality is that most serious players end up paying more rake at 25NL in percentage terms than 100NL+ players.

Example a 25NL player whom gets 500k points in a quarter for playing x amount of hands would end up with ?? rb (Maybe 20% is my guess).  The same amount of hands at 100NL would get a player 2million points which would be around the 50%+ rb bracket.  This to me seems a little too unbalanced and some alterations should be made.  The fact is a 25NL player can't really get enough hands to completed in a month to get in the upper echelons of rakeback.  The slight decrease in rake percentage doesn't come near to compensating a good portion of the serious players.

Although the first 20k points of the VIP system are really good in terms of value for a rec player.... after that it's much like the SNE program that Stars ran for many years. 

I agree somewhat. The u-shaped rakeback/rewards graph seems to "punish" 25NL players, and the higher rake at 25NL (in comparison to 10NL) makes it hard for many players to move up in the first place. 25NL is therefore somewhat of a no-man's land. Several people have said they made more money (inc rewards) at 10NL in comparison to 25NL, so there's little incentive to keep grinding at 25NL if it's going to be so hard to build a roll for 50NL+. I don't know if this "bottleneck" concept is true for the site traffic as a whole, but the current set-up doesn't seem ideal for semi-pros or serious recreationals trying to move up. People playing medium volume might actually be better at staying at 10NL... (or switching to another site for 16NL or 25NL) which defeats the point of having multiple levels in the first place.

Well said Arty.  That's the point I was trying to make.  After the initial bonuses/rb (which are very generous and great for rec players) I feel the bottom of the U is a little to low and it could be filled in a little bit from the top of the right side of the U. 

Archived