Playing from Thailand? Allowed?

MicroGrinder

I plan to move to Asia so I no longer will have an adress in my home country in the nearby future. And I won't have a permanent residence in Asia either, cause I will be traveling troughout Asia. I will mostly stay in Thailand for the beginning year, but I will travel trough out that country as well and stay max 2 months in a province.

In essence, it will be hard to prove proof of recidency. I think playing on Unibet is allowed? It's not listed on the banned country list. But I've read on 2+2 that some players had there funds frozen on Unibet while in Thailand. I think it may be because it's hard to prove proof of residence? But i'm not sure. They didn't have issues with other poker rooms.

Hopefully staff can enlighten me on what to do.

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

If you're moving to Thailand (even if it's just a few months) and can't get a proof of adress, I'm afraid you won't be able to play with us :( You can't continue using your current account in Asia :(

I think i would be able to provide adress proof. But i'm not sure. Since rent leases are prolly written in Thai, as well as utility bills.So I don't know if Unibet will accept it as proof, since they prolly don't have Thai speaking employees? 

So I need to create a new account regardless when i set foot in Thailand? And then verify adress? And then it will be fine? I know it's a grey legal area for Thailand , but I don't want my account frozen when I deposit on new account.

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

If you're able to prove your address in Thailand with an official document (utility bill should do the trick), it should all be good. And yes, you'd usually be asked to create a new account :)

Ok thanks for the clarification. What about withdrawels? I have never withdrawn so don't know. Unibet can deposit it to any bank in Asia I choose? And/or my bank in homeland? And does it say Unibet on the transaction? Cause that may be an issue in some Asian countries.

We can't transfer to just any bank in Asia, and I'm not even sure about one in Thailand, because of their legislation. I'm not sure about an account in your homeland either, but e-wallets should definitely work :)

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

We can't transfer to just any bank in Asia, and I'm not even sure about one in Thailand, because of their legislation. I'm not sure about an account in your homeland either, but e-wallets should definitely work :)

@testuser1: If I want to make a short eurotrip in summer (up to 2-3 days in one country up to 1 week), may I use my current account? (It would be Poland, Germany and Denmark in the destinations.) Many thanks for the answer.

Archived