Dortmund-Hertha Berlin Oct 27 2018

PeterL

Hi UniBet,

Placed a bet yesterday (draw) and the match ended 2-2. I got the following reply:

Bet cancelled as occurrence was under review by the video referee

Since the game clearly ended 2-2 and I was expecting a 8x payout getting the money in return was Unibet’s decision.

Which occurrence are you referring to during the match that implicated that the bet was cancelled? The Hertha penalty during extra time?

For the love of football and Bundesliga please answer the above questions.

Kind Regards,

Peter

Hi @PeterL, welcome to the Community :)

I've sent the bet to be analyzed by our sports traders and for them to provide us with an explanation on why this was voided. I'll get back to you with specifics as soon as I have an answer from them, cheers for inquiring about it :)

/Ray

Former Community Moderator

Upon investigation @PeterL your bet has been voided as the odds offered for the market were incorrect due to a cancelled goal. A questionable goal was scored at 17:23 of the match 13:49:32 CET and a VAR happened at 18:21 and ended at 18:37 of the match resulting to the cancellation of the goal due to an offside, your bet was placed at 13:49:59.
Therefore,  all bets that were accepted after the goal and before the correction should be voided.

Please be guided by our rule under Section C.14.21:

"Any decision taken by the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) which conflicts with the original decision sanctioned by the officials on the pitch (including non-decisions like allowing play to continue before reviewing the video), thus altering the understood state of the match at the time of bet placement, will result in all bets placed in the timeframe between the actual occurrence of the original incident and the referee's final decision on the incident being deemed as void, unless the odds offered on the specific bet offer are unaffected by the use of VAR or have already been accounted for in the odds offered at the time of bet acceptance. Settlement on all other unrelated bet-offers, including those determined by any play between the time of the original incident and the decision following the VAR review, which are not influenced/altered by the VAR decision will stand."

For resulting purposes VAR reviews are to be considered as having happened at the time of the original incident for which the VAR would be eventually used even if play has not been immediately interrupted. [the Operator] reserves the right, in accordance with <Section A, Para 6.2>, to reverse any previously settled offers where the settlement becomes inaccurate following the final referee decision, providing said decision is taken and communicated before the conclusion of the match and/or timeframe listed.

In order to avoid any doubts, [the Operator] will consider the VAR as having been used if it is understood from the referee's gestures (ex.hand gestures, stopping the match to review the incident themselves), and/or the VAR usage is confirmed by the match report issued by the official organization. In cases where it is unclear whether the VAR has been used due to missing TV coverage and/or conflicting reports, [the Operator] will settle the bets based on the information acquired from feed providers and generally reputable online sources on the basis of equity."

Official website of the match and screenshot here.

/Ray

Former Community Moderator

Archived