OnceAToaster SnG Bankroll Grind

OnceAToaster

Hey all!

I've been getting into poker as of late, maybe played 300 SnGs over the past couple of months (Not many in the grand scheme at all I realise) and have decided to focus on grinding up a bankroll here. I'll probably post weekly updates at minimum.

Backgorund:

Little bit about myself. I'm very much a poker newbie, I'd been familiar with the game, the rules etc. for years, but had probably played 50 tables over the past 5 years. I started playing more regularly alongside studying and coaching roughly 2 months ago. 

My format of choice at the moment is SnGs, which I originally played on stars, but have recently moved over to unibet 👋

Starting point for me was on the 1st March where I deposited £20, and have since been playing €1 5 man SnGs exclusively.

Goals (short and long term):

• Increase my volume to 8 tables a day minimum
  • Reach a BR high enough to allow moving up in stake to the €2 games. I'm thinking once I reach €50 I can start loading one €1 and one €2 when I'm playing
  • Make on average £20 a day
  • Get comfortable playing more tables at once, 4 would be great

These are of course highly arbitrary at the moment and who knows how feesible they will be, but I like atleast having some vague goals to start with that can be adjusted over time 🙂

Starting stats:

As of now I have played 113 SnGs on unibet since March 1st and my stats are as follows:

• 113 Games played
  • BR (In Euros for simplicity) €44.56 | +€20.56 since 01/03/22 | +18.19% ROI
  • Playing two tables at once

I think that's it for now! As the stats suggest I really need to increase my volume, but don't want to set a goal too crazy for this first month of tracking and then fail it, so I'll try and start off with 8 tables a day, or ~240 a month and see how it goes! 

Lets Go Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

• Like 11

I wish you a good run, and for the most, an active learning from the process. 2 tables at once is certainly a good start. To archive your goals you really need to learn a lot. With small volume, you can have pretty long downers, but the overall focus should be longer-term and not on the bad run results. SNGs are very soft here so it shouldnt be overly complex. Im not gonna write a study guide here, but I do say that if reading old SNG literature while it would make players win in small games, in terms of theory their comically dated and the applied ranges that get to be used even with old time SNG-super-guys, are ridiculously off by what we know today. But then again, new information is always better than no information. 

Looking for the posts 😉

Edited by Estzen
  • Like 2

Small update

I requested my SnG summary yesterday and I had some of my figures wrong, so am updating here with a hopefully nicer looking format that can be repeated on each post.

Games played = 107
BR = €43.23 | +€20.23 since 01/03/22
ROI = 
+17.97%
Finish Distribution = 23% | 26% | 20% | 19% | 11% 

PositionDistribution.thumb.png.dab1283a68ca9b1a20f0338011fe6c3a.png

• Like 9

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...