Fold Button

illiteratum

Question:

Has anyone ever asked for a fold button to be available instead of just Check or Bet?

I haven't come across a site before where you can't muck your cards at your turn. 

Generally I like the Unibet software but that's a weird ommission imo.

@illiteratumwrote:

Question:

Has anyone ever asked for a fold button to be available instead of just Check or Bet?

I haven't come across a site before where you can't muck your cards at your turn. 

Generally I like the Unibet software but that's a weird ommission imo.

Probably with security in mind. To stop people from folding and passing chips when checking may win a hand.

It's not an omission, they made this change after some time because folding when checked to you is always a mistake, so no need to have newbies do it or people misclick folding. As for information you can have 5 aliases in store and make 3 new ones a day, information becomes useless really quick. 

But it isn't always a mistake, by any means.

In a Sit n Go for example when someone is running the clock, you can't end the hand and you should be able to. You can do it on every other site on which I've played and you can do it live. So instead of being able to move on, you have to watch while someone plays the clock and reduces enjoyment at the table.

@illiteratumwrote:

But it isn't always a mistake, by any means.

In a Sit n Go for example when someone is running the clock, you can't end the hand and you should be able to. You can do it on every other site on which I've played and you can do it live. So instead of being able to move on, you have to watch while someone plays the clock and reduces enjoyment at the table.

You can’t do it on Stars or Party.

I don’t know 100% if it’s against the rules but it’s definitely very bad etiquette to open fold your hand.

Fun fact: 95% of Unibet players don’t ever have a fold button available.

Formerly known as StartlingGrope

Aye OK. Seems folk are happy with it as it is. 

However, providing you're not acting out of turn no-one would object, either through etiquette or rules, if you folded in a live game. But then you wouldn't do it in a live game because people wouldn't be running the clock the way they do online.

The idea though that there's no advantage to folding is however, basically, utter bollocks. In a cash game there is no advantage; in a 2 or 5 seat STT (especially when heads up) there are advantages. On another thread on Page 1 here, several players are complaining about others running the clock down in sit and gos. Being able to fold dross in the BB is something you would want to do; the alternative being:

Cards are dealt with Slowmo in the SB; you in the BB. He outstacks you 4-1. The blinds are going up. You have 2 3 off suit.

Slowmo uses his whole time bank and then flat calls. 

Flop is 3 over cards.

You don't have the chipstack or inclination to bet out. So you have to check.

Slowmo runs the clock. Checks.

Turn is a 4th over card. You have to check.

Slowmo runs the clock. Checks.

etc etc.

Hand takes 2 mins instead of 5 seconds.

The person who gains is the one employing gamesmanship. 

So people might not be clamouring for it, but it should exist as an option with the *** style safety warning.

Edited by Ray-Unibet

Archived