Betting on the election in Germany

WuDu

Official results are in, but first let's take a look at what I projected:

@WuDu wrote:

Now the question is how high do I project the voter turnout to be this year? Let’s assume the tendency from the Sample 8 states continues, meaning we’ll see 17 % of non-voters and non-valid-voters in 2013 voting valid in 2017. In 2013 we had 18,22 million people not casting a valid vote. If this number decreases by 17 %, we’ll reach a projection of 15,12 million non- and non-valid votes in 2017. With round about 62 million voters in Germany, that would result in 75,6 % valid votes. Voter turnout equals all the valid votes plus all the non-valid votes. Non-valid votes are when people show up at the voting booth and tick more than one box or write in another candidate. Non-valid votes usually make up a tad more than 1 % of all votes which would lead us to a voter turnout of almost 77 %.
In contrast to the federal election in 2013, the SPD lost 14,56% of their voters. If we use this result to extrapolate the potential number of voters for the remaining eight states as well, we get the following estimation: In 2013, 11.252.215 people voted SPD. If we reduce this number by 14,56 %, we’ll end up at 9.613.105 potential votes. Heck, in my excel calculation I gave them an additional 10 K for the LOLs as well due to the higher voter turnout.

Let’s assume we get 75 % valid votes out of the 62 million potential voters in Germany, that would lead to 46.5 million in absolute numbers and an estimated projection of 20,69 % for the SPD. Since the SPD doesn’t profit from a higher turnout, the more people show up to vote, the lower the percentage for the SPD.

SPD official votes in 2017: 9.538.367. My projection: 9.613.105. I was off by 74.738 votes or 0,78 %.

SPD percentage in 2017: 20,51 %. My projection: 20,69 %. I was off by 0,18 %-points.

Total valid votes in 2017: 46.506.857. My projection: 46.500.000. I was off by 6.857 votes or 0,014 %.

Percentage of valid votes in 2017: 75,40 %. My projection was 75,6 %, however I calculated with 75 % to be on the safe side, thus I was off by 0,20 %-points or 0,40 %-points.

People not voting or non-valid voting in 2017: 15.168.672. My projection: 15.120.000. I was off by 48.672 votes or 0,32 %.

Voter turnout in 2017: 76,16 %. My projection: A little less than 77 %. I was off by round about 0,7 %-points.

What do we learn from that? Just remember the next time you see political polling in your home country, it's probably all bullsh*t, designed to keep a bogus industry occupied and mostly used to manipulate the masses. In this case I got numbers that are very close to being accurate just by using Microsoft Excel, publicly known data from a few elections and my brain power. There was no late shift, there was no splitting of votes, I expected those results since May.

OK guys, maybe some of you did bet on the next coalition governing Germany and are hoping that we're going to see a Jamaica-coalition, as those odds were falling massively over the past week. Well, not so fast my friends, if I have time, I will explain to you why this will be ultra tough to pull through. Also if some of you (non-Germans) have questions about the outcome or German politics in general and want an honest, non Fake News answer, feel free to ask. I'll always have time for that...😃

To conclude, well Unibet, you know the time would come:0D9Mv

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

• 3 weeks later...

@WuDu wrote:

OK guys, maybe some of you did bet on the next coalition governing Germany and are hoping that we're going to see a Jamaica-coalition, as those odds were falling massively over the past week. Well, not so fast my friends, if I have time, I will explain to you why this will be ultra tough to pull through.

Great election results in Austria today, LOLsy one in Lower-Saxony in Germany. Just in case some of you wondered, over the last 3 weeks there have been no negotiations to form the next German government, as they were all waiting for the results in Lower-Saxony. That gamble fired back massively for Ms Merkel. Will be really interesting to see if you guys who bet on CDU/FDP/Greens to form the next government will succeed in the end.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

• 1 month later...

@WuDu wrote:

OK guys, maybe some of you did bet on the next coalition governing Germany and are hoping that we're going to see a Jamaica-coalition, as those odds were falling massively over the past week. Well, not so fast my friends, if I have time, I will explain to you why this will be ultra tough to pull through.

Liberal democrats dropped out of negotiations just now! Maybe we get rid of Ms Merkel much, much earlier than even I hoped!Daniel-Bryan-YES-YES-YES

Archived