Potential US Presidential Election 2020 anomaly

ReadyFreddie

What happens when there would be a third candidate and the candidate who wins the most electoral votes doesn't have the requisite number of votes to automatically be declared winner? Would Unibet cancel the market (and give everyone a refund), or would the winner be the one with the most electoral votes on election day, or would the winner be the one eventually declared the winner and sworn in on 20 January 2021? 

@ReadyFreddie wrote:

What happens when there would be a third candidate and the candidate who wins the most electoral votes doesn't have the requisite number of votes to automatically be declared winner? Would Unibet cancel the market (and give everyone a refund), or would the winner be the one with the most electoral votes on election day, or would the winner be the one eventually declared the winner and sworn in on 20 January 2021? 

:laugh: Not gonna happen.

However if so, The House of Representatives decides. I'm sure this would then determine the outcome of the bet.

"Winner decided by who reaches the required number of Electoral Votes on Election day"

I would bet some money that Unibet added this statement because there were a lot of people whining the last time around and trying to get their losses back by arguing that their candidate won the popular vote. 🤣

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Archived