Minimum hardware requirements

mastahhh

Hi,

I was wondering if you had a set of minimum hardware specifications for your software? The reason I ask is because I am looking to buy a low-end Windows tablet (Lenovo Miix 310) which has an Atom processor and only 2GB of RAM but wondered how the software is anticipated to run on low spec hardware?

Hi @mastahhh,

The hardware requirements tend to change a bit whenever we have a new release, so we can't communicate a set of requirements.

I wouldn't recommend you to buy the Lenovo Miix 310 if it's only for poker but you can get another tablet for about the same price which you'll be able use for poker - e.g. an iPad mini or a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.

Former community moderator

Ideally, I want a cheap Windows tablet where I can do a little bit more than you can do on an Android or Apple iOS tablet.

I will test your software on a virtual machine running 512MB and a single core processor and see how it runs.

512 MB Ram way too low for it to run efficiently. 2GB Ram should be the bare minimum but I highly recommend at least 4GB.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

The 512MB of RAM on the virtual machine was to be more of a baseline test to see how the software fared before I invested in the tablet. There is a 4GB convertible Acer I am looking at but the weight is putting me off incomparison to the Lenovo. Shame the memory is soldered on to the mobo otherwise I would have upgraded and not had this mini dilemma ha.

Archived