Who is your Favourite Football Player and why?

desinere

Zlatan. I don't really have one in 'my' team Man Utd since many of the greats have moved on. 

Zlatan personifies lost of traits that are terribly not-Swedish; cockiness, sassiniess etc but backs it up and harldy ever blaims anyone. Whilst he isn't scandal-free I claim that they are far and few between. Also he scores magical goals for fun and takes the national side seriously.

De Bruyne: He sees the game so well, always works hard and wants to win every game. He is also clinical in finishing.
I was lucky to see many games of him when he came in the first team of Genk and to see him grow, but I never thought that he would became so good. And offcourse: it is nice to see him prove that Mourinho was wrong! :)

All over the world i might say Cr7 , i like he's way of playing and the will to get that goal every game . However he can come over sellfish i just know he wants to reach as close as possible to beeing perfect ( even this is not possible ) but he is so focussed on getting the action and those goals .

Kevin De Bruyne is also a great player , he works hard , ready the play well and is there when he's needed .

I like a player with an action :)

Legend; Raúl - In a very small group of attackers capable of everything. Scoring, assisting, leading... he also worked very hard, and of course had absolutely crazy consistency at every level. 

Current; Messi - Just an insane player. Other than Romario, there has never been a better goal-scorer in history. Brilliant to watch and of course a model professional to boot.

Final mention; Thierry Henry - The guys skill, pace and shooting made him probably the hardest to deal with when in-form. I would quake in my boots everytime he played against us, and usually with good reason.

It's just too hard to name one. I could name loads more, and to be honest it's a changing opinion except on Raúl. I have a top 25 players in my mind, but who knows which I've really loved the most.

@Valkyrie wrote:

Zlatan, because he has the coolest moves and makes the most incredible goals. Ronaldo is a close second.

What moves? If you mean his skills, then yeah, he's great with that... but that won't him his MISSING champions league winners medal. After playing as main striker for so many top clubs, not having one medal is pretty horrifying. 

@jayc wrote:

What moves? If you mean his skills, then yeah, he's great with that... but that won't him his MISSING champions league winners medal. After playing as main striker for so many top clubs, not having one medal is pretty horrifying. 

Yeah, I mean his skills. He's great with the ball. Medal or not, I just like watching him play.

@Valkyrie wrote:

@jayc wrote:

Yeah, I mean his skills. He's great with the ball. Medal or not, I just like watching him play.

Fair enough to be honest. If you like to watch him - I can't fault you for that. 

My opinion though - he's so slow and static now. I just don't know what there is to like.

And my main point - no CL medal after playing at some of the best clubs in the world. In the game of football (not skills) he's a massive choker when it comes to the time when it REALLY counts. 

@Lemm99 wrote:

I'm a bit a young age that followed the Italian national team games and favorite player is Roberto Baggio that was a great football player.

I watched him all the time he was in Serie A. 

Sunday afternoon, with my dinner and the all the Serie A highlights. Loved it. At his peak, he was just unplayable.

My favourite Italian though is definitely Francesco Totti.

Archived