Liberia vs Togo 05/06/2016

kami

Liberia vs Togo First Half 0-0 2.23

CAN qualifiers will show Liberia and Togo playing this Sunday at in a very balanced competition. The teams are 2nd and 3rd (9 points and 7 points) respectively. They will both be fighting this match for a motivating 2nd place and any mistake could be costly.

The 1st leg in this pool showed Togo win by a 2-1 margin at home. For those who watched the match/highlight, they saw a good Liberia team with an imposing Zah Rahan Krangar as captain and Jerbo, who scored a 30-yard thunderbolt on 43 minutes. However, Togo also played good football in this match.

What I appreciate most with Togo is its ability to play in various styles: 4-2-3-1, 4-4-1-1 and 4-3-3 while Liberia proposes a traditional 4-4-2 formation in the clash. Liberia’s 4-4-2 to Togo’s 4-4-1-1 should expected to be a very tough midfield battle. The individual abilities of the different teams make this match a very balanced one:

Solomon Grimes vs Floyd Ayite propose a very technical 1v1 battle- some of these are

Gizzie Dorbor vs Lalawele Atakora will show agility vs intelligence

Dirkir Glay vs Serge Gakpe strength vs speed

Teah Dennis, Jr. vs Emmanuel Adebayor (most interesting battle- strength vs precision)

Al-Seny Keita vs Jacques Alaixys Romao- both 32 yr old- experienced marking vs killing strikes

Theo Weeks Lewis vs Mathieu Dossevi- the Joe Allens of Liberia and Togo

Looking at the match-up, it is difficult to see any of these teams breaking the dreadlock before the hour mark and I am slightly in the favour of Togo who has won more matches from this encounter. So, for being safe, I expect a 0-0 score at half time offered at 2.23 at Unibet.

Archived