Just wondering why micro cash players are excluded from high hand promo?

mugmaster200

4NL and 4PLO have incredibly low rake, much much lower than any other site. Its about 20-25% of the rake of the major sites (GG, Stars, Party etc.). If you play 4NL you are not just paying less rake than other stakes in absolute terms (as in a few euros a day at 4NL vs hundreds a day at 400NL) you are paying less in BB/100. Unibet 4NL/PLO is insanely cheap, to the extent that it is by FAR the best nanostakes games anywhere online. Its so good that 2nl and 5nl on every other poker site shouldn't even run. Every single player on Pokerstars 2NL or Party 5NL or whatever should just play Unibet 4NL. The only reason they stay in rake traps on other sites is they don't realise the impact of the rake and Unibet hasn't marketed themselves enough.

There is not a lot of money being raked at 4NL/4PLO to pay for promos. The entire stake rakes so little money and the guys there are getting so much back in freeroll / mission / promos already that its barely worth Unibet running. I'm not privy to the internal data but I reckon Unibet sees 4NL not so much as a revenue stream but as a marketing exercise to get new players to sign up to the site. Loads of the guys at 4NL probably are unprofitable for Unibet because Unibet has to sort out deposits / withdrawals (which cost the site money), regulatory stuff (costs money) and the promos / missions / freerolls. 

Further, allowing 4NL players in would almost kill the promo as they would win almost all the high hands. Not only are there loads more 4NL players, the games are very loose passive so loads of people see flops, turns and rivers (making it easier to hit high hands). Its not a very exciting giveaway for Unibet to advertise if they give away 10 high hand prizes a day and 9 of them go to 4NL / 4PLO because its a sea of tables where the average hand has 4 people seeing the river.

So thats why 4NL/PLO doesn't get to take part in these promos, they already getting the best promo around. 

This isn't me trying to shit on 4NL players btw, I spent ages playing nanostakes and I will still sit 4NL every so often If I'm fiddling around with my table settings and trying out something new. 4NL is great and there are guys at 4NL today who will be crushing 400NL and beyond in the future.

Edited by Wizard
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1