Tour de France 2016

gillvs77

Stage 5 from Limoges to Lioran , 216km, 3 climbs in the final part of the race.

Valverde to win @6.50 and places (1-3) @2.25.

(Sagan weights 10kg more then other favorites. Sagan surprised more then once and he is really all-round rider and so, but I think he is not worth taking at this odds, better choose for Van Avermaet then, more attractive odds) good luck

Stage 6, good chances to end in sprint, last chance before part 1 of the big mountains, maybe Kittel retires after this race (like Giro), so another win before he is leaving is possible, but who knows...

Greipel to win @5.50 and places (1-3) @1.85

from the 3 big sprinters (Kittel, Cavendish and Greipel) his hunger for victory should be greatest. Gl

Stage 7, first real meeting with the mountains, 1 huge climb at the end, I don't expect a victory for GC riders (Froome or Quintana) today, hard to call the winner

like Dan Martin and Rui Costa

Cummings probably wants more climbs, Valverde and Alaphilippe will probably not be allowed to get away becos of yellow or white jersey

gl

Stage 8, 184km, 4 mountains, 1st is worst at km 86.0 cat. Hors (19km at 7.4%)1 of cat. 2 (8km,5%)and 2 x cat.1(11km at 7% and 7km at 8%), normal finish

I expect a group to get away before 1st mountain to start with time advantage, mind that there is an award at the top... if enough time before peloton, maybe someone of group can win the stage if he manage to stay away from GC riders who will more likely attack full gas in final part of stage

(hard to tell who, but guys like Rodriguez or Costa, or the ones you expected but didn't see yesterday, maybe also someone like Pauwels or De Gendt, but these are personal preference, it might also be worthy to check previous years on award because there was never a repeated winner, to exclude, or Majka maybe will try to be first :-), he won also stage in 2015, 2nd Dan Martin, 3rd Buchmann, 4th Pauwels and 5th Voeckler, but was other race)

I assume Sky is not interested in award, but maybe, last year Froome attacked day before and was also not first climb in stage, but I think it is good for them that a group gets away, to make control a bit easier, as long as no dangerous GC riders included, mind 2 days of mountains so they will try to not go beyond their limit too much in first day, tomorrow also finish at top of climb which is more dangerous to loose time in GC

(next weeks the climb stages are better spread, which is better for Froome, I guess)

I think Moviestar should try to attack from first mountain, maybe they will try, but I doubt they will go full gas till end from there, it's still far and also many stages to come, maybe Moviestar want award for Quintana, and don't let group get away, but it cost much energy and Froome will also follow Quintana, so I doubt that.

gl

Stage 9, 5 climbs, at km 19 cat. 1 (2070 m) 14 km at 6%; at km 88 cat.1 (1720 m) 19 km at 5.5%; at km 143 cat. 2 (1350 m) 4 km at 8%; at km 157 - cat. 1 (1800m) 6.5 km at 8.5%; at km 184.5 cat. H (2240m)10 km at 7%, finish on top of cat. Hors

Froome surprised everyone yesteday with his improvement of downhill skills, he probably explored and practiced intensive in this region on trainings, he is favorite for today (@2.90).

I expect an answer from Quintana today, uphill Quintana has a chance against Froome, a Columbian won 23 years ago in TdF in Andorra ...

For Polka dot jersey Majka and Pinot might have interests to get away for points and to start last hill with advantage (think points are also doubled at finish, so 50 instead of 25)

Quintana @4.50 to win and @1.80 for places 1-3 (dont know if places is valuable, if you spread between win and places, you have a sort of E/W like bet)

gl

Stage 11, good chances race ends in a sprint.

Tomorrow is 14 july, national day in France, I dont see much chances for a French winner tomorrow, I think it will be Froome or Quintana on Ventoux, but maybe we get a French winner today

Bryan Coaquard to win @11.00 and places 1-3 @2.50 

others who are dangerous: Greipel, becos he is without victory so far, ofcourse he want victory again in Paris, maybe he is hiding a bit and didnt show everything to surprise then; Kittel maybe not finishing TdF, don't know, possibility he quit before next mountains, so maybe last chance; Cavendish seemed fustrated yesterday but he's in good shape (3victories); Sagan for points green jersey, Kristoff, Theuns,...

Stage 16 with finish in Berne, Switserland has similarities with a One Day Classics, the final seems also good for this kind of riders and is probably to hard to end in sprint for real sprinters (Cav, Kittel, Greipel).

I also expect these kind of riders, guys who do well in Classics like Tour of Flanders: Sagan(2 stages won), Kristoff, Cancellara, Van Avermaet (1), Degenkolb, Matthews (1), Boasson Haegen,... 

I picked Cancellara @14.00 to win becos the finish is near his home, I hope Spartacus did ride TT on economy with this stage in the back of his mind, Sagan @5.00 to win becos if one beat Cancellara I think Sagan has the best papers, the others I mention are also dangerous but you can't pick them all

gl

Archived