HUD worries?

NeriPoker

I embrace sites that don't allow huds, it's been a refreshing experience playing on Unibet, but I do also use a hud on some of the other poker sites that allow them.

My question is: Do you think you are at a disadvantage with regards to improving your poker game when compared to the players playing on sites that allow huds?

They obviously have the tools to analyse sessions much better and find leaks much quicker. It was always a concern of mine when choosing to play on a site that didn't allow huds.

Are you confident you can improve your skills without third party software in this day and age? I'm interested in hearing others opinions.

Live players aren't multitabling though. Neither are they able to record hand histories.

Ultimately you need access to stats in order to reach your full potential as a player and that means using hands. If it weren't the case then I'd probably play at Unibet 100% of the time.

That said, playing without HUDs allows you to develop other areas such as recognising patterns and paying closer attention to table dynamics.

In summary, I think playing with HUDS sometimes and without HUDs sometimes is optimal.

Formerly known as StartlingGrope

Grinded for 9 or 10 years now never used a HUD.  The only thing I see being useful is if your multi tabling and not sure if the player is tight or loose.  That being said for a single table, probably hurts you more than does good.  I think my ability of picking up on timing tells and analyzing hands on the fly without looking at stats is my real significant edge.  HUD's used correctly will get you into a solid player, it'll also hurt you in other ways.

Glad Unibet is against them. :smileyvery-happy:

If you are an experienced player, HUDs usually do not matter. Never seen the need for one. It can hurt the game by the negative impression it gives newer players. Losing players may attribute their loses to other players using HUDs  and not focus on improving their game. New players, and re-depositing players are essential to maintain to poker ecosystem.

Unibet Poker offers a model that makes new and recreational players more welcome and assured. This will make them fell more comfortable depositing and playing. Anything that makes the game less predatory is beneficial for the players and poker room.

• 6 months later...

Hud have destroyed poker, Unibet made poker fun again..now you really play against people with real decision to make in every hand..other site it feels like you play against robot. Not every player knows how to use huds so its more fair to not accept it.

@StartlingGrope wrote:

Ultimately you need access to stats in order to reach your full potential as a player and that means using hands. If it weren't the case then I'd probably play at Unibet 100% of the time.

That said, playing without HUDs allows you to develop other areas such as recognising patterns and paying closer attention to table dynamics.

In summary, I think playing with HUDS sometimes and without HUDs sometimes is optimal.

I agree with all of this. I think it was a great idea to ban HUDs on Unibet, but I think the inability to track my play (and more importantly analyse the stats of the player pool) affects my ability to improve my play (e.g. hunt down some leaks) or increase my winrate much. For that reason, I do occasionally play on other sites where I can use a HUD, so I can see how my style compares to other players. As a bit of a stats geek, I like looking at the numbers, but mostly post-game. I rarely have enough of a sample-size on villains to maximally exploit their tendencies. I'm also unable to play more than a couple of tables without a HUD, as I can't remember everything about the opponents on several tables. I think this "inability" to mass-table on Unibet is what keeps the eco-system healthy. Sites that allow/encourage masstabling "HUDbot regs" eventually find that casual players stop depositing, because they get hunted to extinction.

I am sure that software like trackes, huds etc kills poker. Without hud is much better and fairly. The main reason that poker has become much difficult than 10 years ago is poker software.

And main reason that i play unibet last 3 years and play alot (3kk+ points each quater) is that no huds allowed here. 

The main reason I left Pokerstars and joines Unibet was the lack of HUDs, I always felt Pokerstars like a reg infested site, even in the micros I was being analized and exploited without contemplations, I was a small winner, but had to strugle too much to stay winning without a HUD.

Then I said, "thats it, no more" and searched for "no hud poker sites" on google. And here I am, happy than ever! I love the ban on HUDs, and I hope they die in every site. HUDs killed online poker, no doubt.

Archived