Who's going to be Costa Rica @ EURO 16?

Mister_Burns

I think Slovakia is going to be this year's breakthrough team on the lit stage. I think people underestimate them, I think the market is underestimating them (for now, which is why I've spent my dough on them tomorrow against Wales), and I think they got a very decent shot at making it to the quarter finals. Sadly, if memory serves me well, there awaits one of the big guns... Sure, they could do a Greece and surpass expectations even more, but I still think they'll be the "small" team that wins most people over this year, like so many others have done in prior Euros and World Cups.

It's not all about Marek either. They got other players contributing--unlike, say Sweden, Wales or *coughs* Portugal *coughs*--but obviously he'll have to lead the charge if they are to really shine. I'm all kinds of excited about their match today, and I'll certainly be cheering for them. Unlike their opponent, they have had mostly solid results since quallifying--beating the likes of Switzerland and Iceland in addition to that hurricane-match against Germany. It's either/or, thou, as they also have those nil-nils and 1-0/0-1s every third or fourth game or so, often against supposedly weaker sides. Still. With matches against England and Russia awaiting them later, I think they'll go all out to win and take those crucial three points facing Bale.

Archived