Polls

Is it possible to add polls to the forum?

I personally don't think community members should have access to create them but I think it would be a great thing for the mods to have. It would have been really good to have match outcome polls for all the Euro 2016 games for example. Other areas, like the new emoticon vote, would have benefited from a poll as it would have limited the number of options and made sure people are/were not picking sets that would not be suitable for the forum. I think it could also be used with the weekly/monthly awards now and again to allow the community to choose their favourites.

I did have a look on a certain element of the periodic tables website and it appears they are possible so hopefully there is no technical limitations preventing them :)

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

The platform does have a poll functionality, but I'm not a big fan of it. We can't show the poll in just one thread, but have to assign it to a board/category, which makes it useless in most cases. 

We could use a 3rd party tool and insert it in a post with an iframe, but I haven't found a great tool for this, yet. If you happen to come across one, please post it here! :)

I do agree that polls can be very useful :)

Archived