Croatia - Portugal Match Thread

Valkyrie

Almost time now and still no thread for this, so started one. :smileyhappy: Ronaldo might have gotten his mojo back now after finally getting that historical "fourth in a row" Euro Championship goal, but Croatia have a set of skillful players, so this game could get really interesting. What do you think?

Think it might be another penalty shoot out. If i may wish, Ronaldo misses his penalty, Portugal get knocken out and Ronaldo sobbing.... A bit evil wish, i know, but i cant get to like him.

When in a hurricane, some people build shelters while others build windmills.

@Hoovers wrote:

Think it might be another penalty shoot out. If i may wish, Ronaldo misses his penalty, Portugal get knocken out and Ronaldo sobbing.... A bit evil wish, i know, but i cant get to like him.

There was a bit more action in the second half, but I really expected more from this match - not to mention Ronaldo. We'll see what happens during the extra 15 min x 2, but if they keep this up it looks like we're heading toward another penalty shootout. (The last part I don't agree with, though, I don't want to see Ronaldo cry. ❤️ Personally, I wish for Portugal to win. :smileyhappy:)

Croatia were shadows of themselves, don't understand what happened to them. Portugal just played the football they've played all tournament - mediocre, and it was enough. Think this is the worst match in the tournament so far, the 0 shots on target in regular time by both teams speak for themselves. I'm happy that Portugal won, would've sucked if Croatia managed to win with such a terrible game.

@dinozzo28 wrote:

Need new rules in football:

- 0-0  0point in group stage

- 0-0 in knock-out round: both team eliminate.

THIS!

And Portugal should always begin every match with every player booked... God, I HATE Portugal. They are the dull, and they have the most unsportsmanslike players in the whole wide world. Pepe probably should start every match with a red card, but that seems kind of harsh....

@duckwhisperer wrote:

Croatia were shadows of themselves, don't understand what happened to them.

I know, and they got no one to blame but themselves. If they had tried to play all match, they would easily have punished this Portugese team a couple of times. They rather chose to play chicken with Portugal, and got punished by a counter attack after 116 incredibly dull minutes. After the tournament they've had thus far, they should have played positive football with self esteem... C'est la vie. This tournamen just got even less inspiring.

@Keyser wrote:

@dinozzo28 wrote:

Need new rules in football:

- 0-0  0point in group stage

- 0-0 in knock-out round: both team eliminate.

THIS!

And Portugal should always begin every match with every player booked... God, I HATE Portugal. They are the dull, and they have the most unsportsmanslike players in the whole wide world. Pepe probably should start every match with a red card, but that seems kind of harsh....

Thats what money and tactic done for FOOTBALL :(

Archived