Show unread threads/messages

Unless I'm absurdly overlooking it, there is currently no way to easily tell which threads have new replies in them. As the community grows, and thus number of posts in various threads, this will soon become a nightmare to read.

There's no way to see it for the entire community, but to be honest, I'm not sure if that would be helpful at all - we'll hopefully see so much content posted, that such a list will have hundreds of threads, if you've been away for just a few hours.

You can see it on a board level though - "Suggestions for the community" is a board. If you go to the board, there is a difference in the font color, for the threads that have unread posts. On the below picture I've read all posts in the 1st and 3rd topic.

Capture.PNG.a201277c60d9f656020d8b10f4e34711.PNG

I'm all ears, if you've got a good idea on how to give a better overview of recent activity :)

Ok thanks, that was indeed what I was alluding to. It just was not clear to me that that is what those colors meant. I thought it was just standard HTML/browser functionality showing the link as visited. It hadn't occurred to me yet that they go back from gray to black once there are new posts.

EDIT: instead of 'O k', I used 'H a'... but that word is not permitted, LOL WTF... Is that some weird insult in some exotic language or so ? :P

@ViperPP wrote:

Ok thanks, that was indeed what I was alluding to. It just was not clear to me that that is what those colors meant. I thought it was just standard HTML/browser functionality showing the link as visited. It hadn't occurred to me yet that they go back from gray to black once there are new posts.

EDIT: instead of 'O k', I used 'H a'... but that word is not permitted, LOL WTF... Is that some weird insult in some exotic language or so ? :P

ha, it's a Norwegian word which was blocked by mistake - as you can see, it's now been fixed :)

Archived