Poker Hand That Appears to be Rigged (that really isn't)

BookTheWin

Late in a MTT I have KK blinds are 1200/2400 with a 400 Ante I have around 170,000, im crushing it.  Someone opens to 6000 and a call to me I make it 27600 fold and 1 call by a player who starts the hand with around 55,000.

Pot is around 70,000 heading to the flop.

Flop is 7J7

I have other player covered and put him all in for his last 26,400 and he Calls it off.

He Flips Over 64

Turn 5

River 3

He wins 120,000 pot against me.

wtf.png.bf52d7a89ec0f798bfbb998804df5842.png

That seems super rigged right, how in the world would he put all his money in with 64 unless it was rigged.

Well here is an explanation of this player that makes sense to me.  This is a $5.50 tournament who called a raise trying to win a pot maybe it's his lucky hand.  He called 6000 why did he call the re raise because he already called a raise with a hand that he's trying to win a big pot with and get lucky.  Not everyone calls raises and folds to reraises, they are already committed to the pot by calling the 6000 in the first place.

Flop comes and he calls it off with 6 4 high.  He isn't thinking his hand is good, he's thinking he might just have ak or something and his 6 or 4 could still come and win that massive pot that says over 100,000 with my large bet size even tho pot is only around 94000 and him only having 26,000 left.

This seems super rigged but it's just a recreational player making poor decisions that I could remember making when I first started poker.  

Sure that 120,000 would have really solidified my chip lead, but you know what he had 3.6% equity after he called it off and sometimes that comes in.  

Point is don't be upset, don't think its rigged, just be happy a player that is making those kind of mistakes regardless of the outcome is at your table.  Those are the players that are learning and usually will be funding your bankroll more often than not and remember everyone started somewhere.

(Spoiler Alert Won the MTT Still 😃)

He commited himself by putting more than half his stack in preflop. By the looks of it, just a recreational player looking to have fun and wanting to gamble. I wonder what his reaction was when he hit runner runner. Might have closed the client before then, when he saw your hand.

Congrats on the tourny win! 😃

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

Nice attitude!

I've been there, pulling off the lucky longshot and then being bullied everytime I put chips on the table afterwards.
It's always such a pleasant surprise when you find someone who doesn't.

Kudos 👍

Just call me Mrs Kings :-)

Archived