Rank 12
‎29-11-2016 01:22 PM

Re: MathrimC's poker journal

ArtyMcFly wrote:

Fold pre. Don't make a habit of calling 3x opens with dominated hands or suited connectors with those stack sizes. When you're a medium stack there's not much to gain by getting involved with a speculative hand. I think your post-flop play is fine. He's repping a much better hand.

Yeah, this. That particular flop is exactly why you don't want to be flatting with these stack sizes as you never know where you are. As played it looks a clear fold because even when ahead villain has lots of equity from overcards and draws and when you're behind you're really behind. It might be worth running through ICMizer but I can't imagine it to be anything but a standard fold.

Stack sizes and game dynamic dependent then it might be worth 3-betting pre-flop but I generally think that just folding is best.

Rank 10
‎29-11-2016 10:40 PM

Contraz for raffle!!!!!

0 Likes
Rank 15
‎29-11-2016 11:08 PM

[ Edited ]

Bankroll back up to €914,33, and won a UK4 qualfier.

Here's another cashgame hand: effective stack is €9,90, I'm KhebNeFrisco, UTG with AhKs, villain is SB.

AKvsAA call on turn censored.jpg

What range do you give the villain when he shoves on the turn?

0 Likes
Rank 12
‎29-11-2016 11:50 PM

MathrimC wrote:

Bankroll back up to €914,33, and won a UK4 qualfier.

Here's another cashgame hand: effective stack is €9,90, I'm KhebNeFrisco, UTG with AhKs, villain is SB.

AKvsAA call on turn censored.jpg

What range do you give the villain when he shoves on the turn?

I think you're usually crushed here. Unless he's the type to go crazy with KK or AJ-AT then I'm expecting to see trips, AQ or JdTd pretty much every time.

Rank 20
‎30-11-2016 10:12 AM

Villain on a draw, I call. I lose. I don't play cash again. 

Proud member of the "Going to UO London 2017 because Stubbe got drunk and deleted the Betting competition data" club
Rank 14
‎30-11-2016 11:03 AM

StartlingGrope wrote:

I think you're usually crushed here. Unless he's the type to go crazy with KK or AJ-AT then I'm expecting to see trips, AQ or JdTd pretty much every time.

Agreed, my thought process would be that he was waiting to make sure the straight or flush wasn't coming, and then shove on his trips/two pairs. Alternatively he's on KJd or JTd and trying to push you off, but I don't think I'd chance it either way.

BTW thanks for posting these, very educational Smile

Just call me Mrs Kings :-)
Rank 10
‎30-11-2016 01:09 PM

[ Edited ]

AK chance?

Rank 12
‎30-11-2016 07:08 PM

He has some AA/QQ/99 and AQ/A9s/A5s, but I snap-call. He can have AK just as often. It looks like a cooler to me, unless he's going mental with something. If I call a 3-bet with AK, I'm not folding TPTK unless the board is super-ugly (flushes/straights/boats possible). A read on villain would help.

Rank 15
‎01-12-2016 10:54 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I agree that I'm behind all of his value hands. But it's so hard to fold tptk in a pot with low stack to pot ratio. I made the call and he turned over AA:

AKvsAA call on turn.jpg

Rank 15
‎01-12-2016 11:49 AM

Very nice comments and analyses in this thread, keep them coming Smile   thanks to all for helping explaining strategy Smile