TI bet on Forward Gaming

ZeroZero

I placed a bet days ago to Forward Gaming winning The International.  Now "Newbee has acquired the ex-Forward Gaming roster just in time The International 9." So what will now happen to my bet? The bet will win if Newbee wins?

Hi @ZeroZero, welcome to the Community.

I've sent your query to be reviewed by our traders and we're pending their feedback on this one. Just to make sure the 2 bets that are we referring to are the ones with the ID's 2018952945 and 2018952940 correct?

/Ray

Former Community Moderator

Got word back from our provider @ZeroZero:
We will settle Newbee as a winner if they win, so the your bet on Forward Gaming will lose. Under normal circumstances, we will your bet stand as a winner in accordance with Clause 6 of our E-sports rules which states that "Should the name of any participant/event/game be misspelled and/or has changed, bets will remain valid granted that it is reasonably clear and can be ascertained through reputable sources." In this case, Newbee will assume Forward Gaming's team so your bets should be winning. However, since we completely replaced Forward Gaming with Newbee, then we cannot settle the bet as a winner.

What we can do in this case is VOIDing the bet if you would like us to as a goodwill gesture,  we only need your confirmation to do so @ZeroZero, please let us know in a comment below.

/Ray

Former Community Moderator