Esports Betting Thread

Joco

IEM Katowice 2020 Final Prediction:

G2 vs Na'Vi

Yesterday G2 managed to defeat fnatic in a close 3 map series, while Na'Vi unexpectedly so but shown a very dominant performance against Astralis and won 2-0.

In conclusion to that game I favor Na'Vi to take this trophy home. G2 is more than capable to make this a close game but the russian team might just be unplayable right now.

Na'Vi to win @1.55 odds on Unibet

For live bets:

G2 favored maps: Mirage, Vertigo

Na'Vi favored maps: Dust2, Train, Overpass

Inferno and Nuke are middlegrounds.

• Like 1

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@FreedoM wrote:

Do you think there is a chance players will go for a knife kill in this match?

There is always a chance with s1mple going for the knife. But I don't think even he will attempt to do it early on. But if Na'Vi has the advantage and there is an opportunity he will do it for sure.

So yeah I think it's possible but probably not on the 1st map.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Do you guys have the possibility to watch Esports on TV where you're from? Or does it all happen online through Twitch?
I've been able to catch Danish TV channel recently, they show CS:GO matches on one channel quite often, with a studio setup and everything - it's pretty cool :)

• Like 1
Former Community Manager

@JeppeL wrote:

Do you guys have the possibility to watch Esports on TV where you're from? Or does it all happen online through Twitch?

I've been able to catch Danish TV channel recently, they show CS:GO matches on one channel quite often, with a studio setup and everything - it's pretty cool :)

I am watching mostly on twitch.Sometimes on Youtube channel,if decide to watch on TV.

Here is a good site that always have at least one twitch channel per any match...

https://www.hltv.org

• Like 1

@XY wrote:

Agree with you on that.

It also popped up on my mind...he would really have hell of a job to defuse bomb on B side.

To be fair they had several map points to work with on CT side Nuke so he didn't have any pressure on his play whatsoever.

@JeppeL wrote:

I watch it on Twitch. You also have the option to spectate the player you want instead of relying on the observer. Though I barely watch any TV nowadays.

@XY wrote:
Here is a good site that always have at least one twitch channel per any match...

https://www.hltv.org

Agreed. HLTV is a must for anyone who is a CSGO fan and/or wants to bet on CSGO matches. They have all the data and analysis you can hope for to help you make the right call.

@JeppeL wrote:

Telia has a bonus channel on their cable network here that shows only e-sports. They don't do it on a 24/7 basis, but some of the big tournaments ( ESL Road to Rio for example ) was being broadcasted all day every day throughout the tournament with finnish commentary and previews and reviews pre and after the matches. Quite a good production really. 👍

Telia also has a Finnish e-sports series that they obviously also show on the same channel live whenever there are matches being played.

@Purps wrote:

@JeppeL wrote:

Telia has a bonus channel on their cable network here that shows only e-sports. They don't do it on a 24/7 basis, but some of the big tournaments ( ESL Road to Rio for example ) was being broadcasted all day every day throughout the tournament with finnish commentary and previews and reviews pre and after the matches. Quite a good production really. 👍

Telia also has a Finnish e-sports series that they obviously also show on the same channel live whenever there are matches being played.

It's interesting to see it progressing and becoming more and more professional all around. Personally I enjoy the broadcasts, but it's a bit much for me to pay attention to the playerview and mini-map at the same time in order to understand what's happening in the round. 

In Denmark, there's actually also a channel called "Esports" and runs kind of like you mention, sometimes but not all big events. The CS:go specifically through is shown on a well known channel not dedicated to Esports.

• Like 1
Former Community Manager

• 4 weeks later...

Valorant looks really good! But I wouldn't start betting on it early on, as the teams are forming there is not really that much knowledge available, and the meta of the game is still everchanging. As in if you compare it to Counter-Strike, the stengths and weaknesses of each team are really well known, and you can predict a bit with that. Then again, not knowing might actually give some advantage in odds. :) But very excited to see what it brings! 

@ReCorpH wrote:

Valorant looks really good! But I wouldn't start betting on it early on, as the teams are forming there is not really that much knowledge available, and the meta of the game is still everchanging. As in if you compare it to Counter-Strike, the stengths and weaknesses of each team are really well known, and you can predict a bit with that. Then again, not knowing might actually give some advantage in odds. :) But very excited to see what it brings! 

There are already teams out there proficiently utilizing the abilities of agents which gives them a huge advantage over others. Backing these teams even early on can make profit. That said barely any Valorant games to bet on right now. A few esports gambling sites already added the option though so it's just about time they are available.

As gameplay wise I'm not a big fan of the graphics and the randomness generated by the wide variety of abilities.

• 2 months later...

Been a while I posted here. Mostly due to the lack of lan events that I was focusing on but also partly due to my laziness.

Anyways what do you guys think about the recent CS:GO coach bans?

In my opinion at the moment while it sounds bad I don't think it will affect the betting scene much if at all. Bad reps heal with time like there were major football scandals in the past but football is still the most popular category people bet on. I think overall it's a good thing for the scene as it makes players and staff think twice about cheating and risking their carriers. ESIC has proven themself capable of dealing with such issues and they are serious about keeping the integrity of the game.

• 1 month later...

@Joco wrote:

What do you guys think of Valorant?

Have you tried it out? Are you going to bet on it when it gets more established as an Esport?

For me is new and I would not risk to spend money but maybe in the next years I will try. Valorant has really become popular, especially among teenagers, and many friends recommend me to play. I have watched some video tutorials and live gaming 2-3 times and it catched my interest although it is quite similar to other first-person shooter strategic games. 

• Like 1