Esports Betting Thread

Joco

Astralis just won Berlin Major 2019 with an expected dominant victory to take their 3rd major title in a row.

It was a dissappointing final from Avangar's point of view as they could not match up to the danes and lost in 2 quick maps. Nevertheless great performance from them to reach the final.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@krauffjames wrote:

I can suggest to use the predictions presented on this website https://yesportsbet.com/tournaments/csgo/. I have already used it and earned some money. I do not say that teh accuracy of the presented predictions are too close to teh real results but as I see in most cases you can win if follow them. 

I don't see any predictions there, other than what the odds represent. That said it seems like a decent site, but HLTV.org is just a way better site altogether.

Anyways on topic: I haven't posted here in a while, but I will try to pick up my slack with the next big tournament, Epicenter.

• Like 2

Ikr. I went to sleep when the score was 14-8 on the last map in favor of Astralis. Sure d2 is t-sided but wasn't expecting mouse to make the comeback.

Now they are 2-0 up in the final. Though they are playing against fnatic so there is still a chance for the reverse sweep.

• Like 1

The last CS:GO tournaments of 2019 are finally set to begin.

BLAST Global Final will host the winners of this year's BLAST Pro Series events, Astralis, Liquid, FaZe and NiP. Expectedly so Astralis is the favorite to take this one.

CS_Summit 5 will host 6 teams, mousesports the favorite to take it after their victory at Odense while OG will be making their long awaited debut against Furia, G2, MIBR and Virtus.pro.

If you are a fan of CS, today's matches that are must watch: Astralis vs Liquid and OG vs mousesports.

BLAST Global Final Predictions:

FaZe vs NiP

While FaZe has had a mixed bag of results this year, Nip has had the worse year out of the two as they struggled to get any results to show.

FaZe to win @1.53 odds on Unibet

Liquid vs Astralis

While at the start of the year Liquid took over the #1 spot from Astralis, it didn't take the danes long to take the mantle back at the major. Since then Liquid has been unable to challenge them. Expect that to continue here.

Astralis to win @1.45 odds on Unibet

• Like 2

Results:

FaZe 0-2 NiP

While FaZe was the favorite to take it their map picks and bans worked out in favor of NiP who managed to win with a swift 2-0.

Astralis 2-0 Liquid

Expectations came true here, as Astralis once again dominated Team Liquid.

Day 2 Predictions:

Astralis vs NiP

Astralis is the favorite once again, even more so than they were against Liquid. Should be another 2-0 for the danes.

Astralis -1.5 @1.53 odds on Unibet

FaZe vs Liquid

FaZe's results are extremely inconsistent. In this best of 3 they don't stand much of a chance, but they could take a map off of Liquid.

FaZe +1.5 @1.85 odds on Unibet

• Like 2

Results:

Astralis 2-0 NiP

Nothing to comment here as this result was very predictable.

Liquid 2-1 FaZe

This game was a lot closer. FaZe managed to win their own map pick, but ultimately Liquid won out on their better maps.

Semi-Final Prediction:

NiP vs Liquid

Both teams had a shaky start to this tournament which is more so expected from the swedish squad than the americans. While Liquid is the favorite once again Nip should be able to take at least 1 map here.

NiP to win map 1 @1.85 odds live

• Like 2

While Liquid managed to get past NiP to reach the final of Blast Pro; once again they failed to hold the candle against Astralis who finished their year perfectly with yet another victory to their name.

On the other side of the globe, after a terrible first couple of games OG managed to reach the semi-finals of cs_summit 5 where they played a close 3 map series, but ultimately were bested by mousesports. It wasn't the best start to their CS campaing but they have shown a lot of potential and if they work hard they can become a top tier team next year.

VP vs G2 is up next at the summit, were G2 is likely the favorite to make it to the final where they would stand a good chance against mousesports who are playing with a stand-in.

• Like 2

Mousesport's run was finally stopped almost singlehandedly by Zywoo putting out his bid for the player of the year award.

2019 was again all about Astralis while Liquid had a good start and mousesports had a good finish to this year.

It will be interesting to see how things will fare in 2020. Is Astralis going to have another good year? Or is there going to be any other team to step up to their level?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the best place to have my 250th post is my own thread, so here it goes:

As you may or may not be aware there aren't many ongoing CS:GO tournaments around this time of the year, which is why I haven't been posting here lately.

There will be a tier 2 DH event at the end of January, but the top echelon of the teams will pick up the slack in February starting with a brand new Blast format.

It will be tough to predict how the teams are going to start their 2020 campaign but I will make sure to post some prediction sheets for the latter competition.

See you in February!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

It's finally time for the best teams of the CS:GO world to start their campaigns in 2020.

Blast Spring Series is starting just in a couple of days with group A play: Liquid, FaZe, MIBR and NiP will be fighting for the qualifying positions this weekend.

Liquid is expected to top the group (@1.75 odds on Unibet), but all of these teams are capable of making it to the top cut.

• Like 3

@ReCorpH wrote:

Hey @Joco !

How do you think the new Dignitas CSGO lineup will do? I personally am extremely excited to see one of the best teams ever to play the game back in action! 

Looks exciting for sure. We are truly in a golden era right now, with all the big names (teams and players) joining/returning to the game.

As for Dignitas I think the swedes will be very much so hyped to play under their new banner but the meta is way too competitive right now so I'm not sure how well will they perform. But if I'm forced to rate them without seeing them play I would call them the 2nd best swedish line-up after fnatic and before NiP.

• Like 1

Predictions

ICE Challenge:

Heroic vs VP

It's a 50-50 game, hard to call who will take it. VP is still looking for their 1st win since their roster change. They have a good chance here, but Heroic may still deny them. Over bets on individual maps or over the series look like the best way to wager on this match.

mousesports vs MAD Lions

MAD Lions have shown some great skill and determination lately as they made it to the semi-final of DH Leipzig, but it feels like to be too soon for them to take on the likes of mousesports. There is a chance that they could catch mouse offguard after the player break and make it close - even take a map -, but for the series 1.30 odds on mouse look overwhelming.

NaVi vs GODSENT

NaVi should take this 2-0 even with their roster change. It will be interesting to see how Perfecto performs though.

BLAST Spring:

NiP vs MIBR

MIBR has shown some sign of life against Liquid as it took the americans double OT to finally break their spirit. On the other hand NiP couldn't do anything and was dominated by FaZe. With that in mind MIBR should be able to take this match.

FaZe vs Liquid

Match of the day. It will be interesting to see how FaZe prepared for Liquid this time as last year they had little to no success against the americans. I think FaZe had more than enough time to get adjusted and should be able to take this match considering how well they played yesterday albeit against a much weaker opposition.

• Like 1

Despite losses on MIBR and MAD Lions, Wins on VP and especially FaZe boosted my bankroll significantly.

Predictions 2/2/2020

ICE Challenge

VP vs mousesports

Mouse has already won VP's map pick and with that it looks like an easy 2-0 victory for them from here out.

OG vs NaVi

While OG got past ENCE with ease, NaVi struggled against GODSENT yesterday. This may go to the distance but despite the odds in my opinion OG is favored here.

Heroic vs MAD Lions

This match is in favor of the Lions. They should take it 2-0 as they have better form and fire power than Heroic.

ENCE vs GODSENT

ENCE hasn't been able to find form since the departure of Aleksib but they should still be able to defeat a lower level team such as GODSENT.

BLAST Spring

Liquid vs NIP

While NIP performed surprisingly well against MIBR yesterday, it is unlikely that they would be able to challenge a much higher caliber team such as Liquid. Which is why Liquid 2-0 is the most likely outcome here.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Last week we have witnessed some rather unexpected results:. The "Juggernaut" Complexity managed to overtake Astralis with a huge 2-0 upset and then qualified by doing the same to Vitality. Only Na'Vi were able to respond albeit at that time both teams were already qualified to the finals.

As for the final week of the group stage, we have 4 remaining teams: 100T, G2, EG and OG.

By just looking at the team names we could expect some really close games to take place this weekend. The initial 3 teams are closely matched, while OG is the least favored as they have been struggling to find the right start to their campaign, though this could be their final chance to prove themself.

Predictions:

100T vs G2

This game is a 50-50 on paper, however G2 had the better start regarding the results and they should be able to carry it over to this year.

G2 to win @1.80 odds on Unibet.

EG vs OG

It's been a while since we have seen EG play, so it is going to be very difficult for OG to anticipate their playstyle coming into this match, but if they were able to patch up their mistakes they should be able to become a threat.

OG to win @4.25 odds on Unibet

• Like 2

Yesterday's predictions turned out correctly, as both G2 and OG managed to win their respective matches.

As for today:

100T vs EG

Neither team performed well yesterday but their H2H results are overwhelmingly in favor of EG.

EG to win @1.50 odds on Unibet

G2 vs OG

OG will be required to play on another level compared to yesterday's performance against EG to be able to compete here. They still have a lot to grow as a team which is why G2 is favored here.

G2 to win @1.53 odds on Unibet

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One of the most prestigious events of the year, IEM Katowice is finally here. The majority of top teams are participating which is why this is going to be a fun event to follow.

Outright prediction:

FaZe to win IEM Katowice 7.50 odds on Unibet.

More predictions later..

• Like 1

Unfortunately I was busy this week so couldn't follow up on the majority of the games. But better late than never.

IEM Katowice 2020 Semi-Finals Predictions:

Fnatic vs G2

50-50 game as both teams are in good form. While G2 has already got a 1 map advantage over fnatic, this match is far from over. Expect fnatic to bounce back and force a 3rd map decider which either of these two teams could take.

fnatic to win map 2 @2.25 odds on Unibet

Na'Vi vs Astralis

The last time these 2 teams played, Na'Vi was able to get by a narrow victory over 3 maps. It seems as if the wind is in their sales right now, but Astralis is a team that takes more than that to beat twice in a row. That said a close match is almost guaranteed in this match of the day.

Over 2.5 maps @2.10 odds on Unibet

• Like 2