Unibet open malta final, very confused, help pleace

triceraatopp

Hi!

Yesterday I played the 1 pack GDT UO finale and ended up bubbeling after a crazy long hu session, after spending the day rewieing the session with my discord group I get an email from Unibet Open saying "congratulations on winning a package". I laugh a bit about the obsurdity of first loosing a 2k hu and then get a miss sent email so I write back to them to say thank you but u got the wrong girl and get a reply within a couple of minutes saying that its not a mistake and that the winner cant make it so they will give it to the runner up?

Is this true or have UO email been hacked? I really cant belive that this is true?? Help pleace!

@triceraatopp  maybe the winner's account is compromised in some way and Unibet disqualified him.

Just a guess...

You should receive some sort of compensation if the email is sent by mistake otherwise.

But the second email is encouraging and probably the winner had some problems for real and can't go to the event.

You should write them to clarify the situation and party later 😃

haha it did feel like he/she knew exactly what the board was gonna be but I recognice the alias from earlier qualifiers so I really dont think its a fake account @GothMoth

yeah i wrote to them a second time, it feels a bit to good to be true so I need some more conformation before I can belive it!

Thank you @FreedoM, if this is really true it will be soo fun!

This probably has to do with the new regulations for packages, where you can only win one, and the next you win is just lost. 

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

@VikingsAFwrote:

This probably has to do with the new regulations for packages, where you can only win one, and the next you win is just lost. 

Oh, I didn't know that was a thing.

If that's the case, seems stupid to be able to register for the final, and just burn 250e because the software allows it.

@Leo-Unibetshouldn't this be blocked from software side?

you are ofcourse very right @XY in retrospect i feel dumb for posting it here instead of sending a private message.. I was just so very confused, we had litterarly just finished a 2.5 hour rewiew of the last hour of the HU and honestly belived that something must be wrong somewhere.  so I acted a bit impulsive...  I will think before i post in the future

@triceraatopp You don't need to feel sorry. 😃

I can only imagine how you felt.Big congrats!

It is about just that you putted "Unibet" in difficult position.

It all ended good for you,but things are uncleared.
What happened there,why it ended like this,if you where effected by this player what about others that played the same tournament,etc.
Some players are KO by that player in an early stage...

I am the same as you when it is comes to inpulse reaction/s,you can see that on some posts. 😉

All in all,wish you good luck at Malta.

*can you post opponent alias

Thanks @testuser1 I didnt expect it to blow up like this.. its a bit uncomforteble so I apprichiate you

@TTABKATA :D Hope to see you at the tables to! Thank alot!

@XY I am curious aswell but after reading up on the terms and conditions together with the answes here Im pretty sure its due to a sad missunderstanding from that players side. Either regarding how many packages u can win or not knowing that they cant be transfered to next event. 

Im very very sure its not anything shade with the player, Ive seen the alias before and he/she never acted suspicious in any way, I dont feel very comferteble posting the alias, I think I better let this be trusting unibet to handle things correct and not speculate. I understand that now when i posted this I made it everybodys concern and I very much wanna appologise to the player if I put him/her in a weird spot. 

I dont know why they decided to give it to the runner up, Im super happy for it ofc but I feel a selfconsious for not accually winning it. Atleast we went into 3 handed as the two big stacks and then hu with equal stacks and played for about 1 hour & 20 minutes so it wasnt that there was a second almost bubble boy that was going empty handed. Feel that i had to write that to eeaze my concious bcs I am a bit scared that people will think in the same way as me and feel that I dont deserve it. 

When you manage to get to the HU you definitely deserved it. At that point it will be a bit of luck often as to who wins. 

I´ve been HU so many times with more chips and going into the flop and turn ahead, only to double up the other guy on the river, then bust in the same matter a few hands later. I´m rarely behind UNTIL the damn river. 

Glad to read you already have a Malta-trip in hand. Hope I get to see you there. But first I´ve got a few hours of poker to do. Hahaha

How many ways can you polish up a turd?

Archived