Unibet UK Tour, Changes to the steps

Leo-Unibet

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 1's not getting populated might also have something to do with the target tournament, the 4€, being extensively rebuy addons with no freezout option. If you can pay for 4€ rebuys and addons there's really no point to even play the 1s, and if you can't then there's really no point to play the 1s.

R/A satties are cool on occasion, like when having a direct high multiplier sattie to a final target. But as a step structure with no freezout alternative seems quite off, and kinda against what step satties are all about. Don't really know how else to do it tho, the old system wasn't particularly great either. Personally I don't mind either way as long as stuff starts, and having recreationals that can't afford an addon and are at a massive disadvantage to ever get a ticket to the next step is profitable for me, not great longterm as they will quit, but momentarily profitable. 

• Like 2

Thanks @FeelsBadMan for your detailed explanation of the various tourney formats inthe UO steps thread, it's made it so much clearer to me the pros and cons and reasons for them. I'm not a fan of the r/a and hope possible forthcoming changes might level the playing field for the lower stakes players.There is still one thing puzzling me. :wonder:

@FeelsBadMan wrote:

The 1's not getting populated might also have something to do with the target tournament, the 4€, being extensively rebuy addons with no freezout option. If you can pay for 4€ rebuys and addons there's really no point to even play the 1s, and if you can't then there's really no point to play the 1s.

I have it in my mind I need 3 tickets for each €4 step, initial entry, a rebuy if necessary and an add on so as not to be well behind after that stage if most others add on, an outlay of €12. If I'm winning 3, 4 or more tickets for every 12 x €1 I play, which I currently am, how can this be pointless, as I'm spending €12 each night for a cost of €8-9, thus making it much cheaper.:wonder:

I'm presuming the can't is a typo as this would produce a "catch 22" situation, if you can there's no point and if you can't theres no point. 🤣 What else are we going to do? :wonder:

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

No, it's not a typo, that's exactly what I mean, there's no point in playing them either way for the average player. Sure from a grinder's perspective yeah you can grind a stock of 4€ tickets on the lower levels for the next one, it's what I've always did, but most people don't do that and those people are very necessary to have in poker otherwise the grind goes nowhere. 

• Like 1

Ok @FeelsBadMan  I've been building up a stock of €4 tickets but while there is so much discussion on the satellite tree and exchangers I think I'll just play them out next week, have a go at the UOS and wait and see what develops. Thanks.

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

• 5 months later...