Unibet Open Sinaia live thread

JeppeL

@sgriff, at least the Unibet Open is much better this year than the past many years. Still room for improvement with the UK tour, but I know it's something the team is aware of, so sure we'll see improvement there as well.

For the next community side event I'll bring my camcorder and do a live stream :)

@Stubbe-Unibet I totally agree.  Big improvement with the Unibet Open schedule. And that will make a big difference for me and is appreciated.  Last year I missed out on Malta as it was revealed too late and I had family commitments by then so it was a non-starter.  This time the date is on the calendar and I have 3 x €250 final tickets ready to go as soon as the London finals have finished.  I assume I will see you there, especially being so close to home!  

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I think you are making really good points here @psrquack, I wasnt in Sinaia but know that Im guilty of not contributing with any updates from dublin or bucharest earlier in the year. Personaly it bcs I feel like "why would anybody be interested in what i write, there is so many better players there, someone els will do that much better" , you know. But I really agree that it so fun to get updates on community members, big hands, stack sizes etc. 

I really liked the I live blog @GR1ZZL3R  made from Dublin. I will try to make a little live blog from the next Uk tour in Milton Keyns :) I know its not the same as UO but I think there i quite some community members going there and it would be really nice to have a blog like and hopefully other members who want can share their stacksizes/ hands they played/photos/fun things. Its not posible to make to many updates while playing since there is so few breaks, but some short things is always manageble :) I know that the king of trip reports @MetalWolf will be going to Milton K aswell so mayby we together can do an effort to make some live updates and see if others will tag along aswell?:)

• Like 4

Great idea @triceraatopp lets do it! 😀

I think you do yourself a disservice. Lots of people are interested in how you're getting on and you had loads of love for your win in Dublin!

I get why you think that about better players and blogs etc (and I really don't class myself as that good, above average at best) but for me it's just about inspiring people to give it a go, play poker, and have a laugh. I don't really try to compete with the best that Unibet has to offer and never feel I have anything to prove. I think the majority of unibet players, and those on this forum would class themselves as nano / low players and I like to prove it is possible to do this kind of thing from those stakes. Poker gives me opportunity to do things I can't do on my working wage, and go places I would never think of going otherwise. I made 2 UK Tour final tables from €4 sats and had a UO cash from a free seat in a last longer comp. This time I'm in for a bit more spending €20 in the 10 rebuy on a Monday but overall it's amazing really and I love sharing my adventures with the community that helps me keep focused on becoming a better player. Not just stories from the table but the other shenenigans I get up to, as well.  I do my best to meet new people but I like to think i come across as just a regular guy who loves the game and loves a laugh. 

I am very much looking forward to MK and will be giving updates where I can!

@MetalWolf wrote:

Great idea @triceraatopp lets do it! 😀

I think you do yourself a disservice. Lots of people are interested in how you're getting on and you had loads of love for your win in Dublin!

I get why you think that about better players and blogs etc (and I really don't class myself as that good, above average at best) but for me it's just about inspiring people to give it a go, play poker, and have a laugh. I don't really try to compete with the best that Unibet has to offer and never feel I have anything to prove. I think the majority of unibet players, and those on this forum would class themselves as nano / low players and I like to prove it is possible to do this kind of thing from those stakes. Poker gives me opportunity to do things I can't do on my working wage, and go places I would never think of going otherwise. I made 2 UK Tour final tables from €4 sats and had a UO cash from a free seat in a last longer comp. This time I'm in for a bit more spending €20 in the 10 rebuy on a Monday but overall it's amazing really and I love sharing my adventures with the community that helps me keep focused on becoming a better player. Not just stories from the table but the other shenenigans I get up to, as well.  I do my best to meet new people but I like to think i come across as just a regular guy who loves the game and loves a laugh. 

I am very much looking forward to MK and will be giving updates where I can!

I couldent agree more, my normal blogg i all about me starting out, trying to improve and its was just my nervosity for live events making me feel that way I think :) Whish is stupied since that is how most people startign out feel and it therefore would be really good to write about. :happy:

Yeah the love and cheers in Dublin was absolutle amaysing and im getting way more comferteble with the whole live thingy :) Looking forward alot to MK and it will be really fun trying to make live updates so it gets more alive for the people who are not attending and can help inspire new players to qualify! As you said, its definatly possible for any sized bankroll :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words on the Dublin blog @triceraatopp I really enjoyed doing that, probably more than the poker tbh, apart from it was on a phone and a bit awkward, would have done much more on a laptop. 

I was extremely disappointed by the lack of coverage from the Manchester leg of the UK tour, apart from not qualifying, I would have loved to do a bigger and better "live" blog, so much so that I was going to volunteer to cover the Milton Keynes leg wether qualifying or not (not as it happens) (expenses only 🤣) but from what I've read there seems to be plans for better coverage, and now that you and @MetalWolf  are on the case I'm looking forward to bigger and better reports, which I'm sure will be great reading. As @MetalWolf  says, don't sell yourself short, I love reading more in depth articles and am still looking forward to meeting more members at these events. (Still struggling to qualify but I am determined).  Best of luck to you both and all the community members and keep us all updated. 👍

• Like 2

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

I think you would have been the perfect event reporter @GR1ZZL3R , all my fingers crossed that you qualify!! I really belive the best result would come from several of us comming together and creating an alive live thread with as many updates/fun storys/photos/hand historys as possible :) 

• Like 1

Hey, @triceraatopp please don't feel guilty abount not posting your hands here. For members is the most important thing is to experieence the whole event. This is like when you meet with your well beloved old primary school teacher, he knows that you have your own life, but he is always happy when he has news from you. So if you feel the hand is worth to share then share it, I personally will read it with pleasure, but don't put unnecessary obligations on your shoulders.

• Like 1

@psrquack its very nice of you to say that :) But i can happely promice you that i dont feel any pressure and neither should anybody els ofc :) I just really like the way you descibed everything in your post , it didnt in any way come through as if you thought the players should update more. I read it as if you wanted someone from the community to do the updates  but it just inspired me to wanna try to do something next time i have the possibility :D

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

I think it's difficult when there's only one community mod/manager at the events, as the first priority will always be to take care of the players there....

At future events I'll try to help out the community guys a bit, and I also want to spend more time with the players there.

How this project running?

• 3 months later...

@psrquack wrote:

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

@psrquack, I'm not attending this UO and neither are Jeppe or Ray :) We'll all be there for the Malta event :)

So may we count on Live thread, informations about players or maybe guessing game?

I'm not at the event today, but will be there tomorrow for the community side event :)

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions