Unibet Open Sinaia - The travel dates for 1A and 1B?

TeddyKGB

Hello @JeppeL and everyone who's interested about Unibet Open! :)

I recently won the package to Unibet Open Sinaia and noticed that the event is one day longer than usually. The Unibet Open homepage says that the event is played February 12-18. I'm probably not the only one who likes to book the flights etc in good time so would be really nice to know how the travel dates and hotel dates are going to be settled during the event!

Based on the previous events I would guess that the travel dates and hotel dates for 1A players are February 12-17 and travel dates for 1B players are February 13-18. Am I right or is there something else to be taken into account? Hopefully you can confirm this soon; would make planning a lot easier!

The way I understood the deal, was that everyone with a package get's 6 nights stay this time around, so should be for the entire festival. And free shuttle from Bucharest to Sinaia, but no idea how that will work with everyone arriving at different times. We'll see when they announce stuff officially I guess. 

@TeddyKGB congrats on the package first of all :) we'll most probably get to meet in person there and have a good time.

@FeelsBadMan sums it up pretty well, the package does include 6 nights however I'm afraid we'll need to wait for the official info from the guys at UO in order to answer all of your questions.

/Ray

Former Community Moderator

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the infos @RayL ! Is there any estimates yet what times the shuttles will travel from Bucharest to Sinaia and back? If there is not yet exact times can you at least give some time windows in which the shuttles are expected to travel? This all would help very much to book the right flights in good time!

Was definitely interested in going to this one as I enjoyed Dublin a lot. But it is now five and a bit weeks before the event and no further details. I would like to know what side events there will be, if there will be cash games. When the tournaments actually are (don't necesarily want to spend 7 days there), how easy it will be to get from Bucharest centre/airport - I saw mention of a shuttle bus. Running out of time now to plan everything, so that means that I may well not end up going and just going to the next one which is likely in a more familiar destination. Shame.

Hello,

i want to ask some things about the unibet open in Sinaia.

1) there is no guarantee prizepool?

2)Any details about the event 1 month before it starts? Any news about which hotel we gonna stay? Transportation from airport or Bucharest? any side events also?

3)https://pokerfest.ro/tournament/unibet-open-sinaia-feb-12-18-2019/

i found this on the internet..300 euro costs for 6 nights for the poker players..is this the same hotel for the package winners?

because unibet charges for the 6 nights the amount of 650 euros

can someone from the unibet team response to what is going on in Sinaia?

Thank you in advance

Hey @MrGarfield,

Apologies for the delays in more detailed information.

I talked yesterday to someone from the UO team and was told the schedule should be out by this week and more details about hotel, transportation, etc. will be provided by next week.

Regarding 1. I don't think there will be a guarantee in this event.

2. Hotel information will be provided as mentioned by next week, I don't know if it's the same but I can assure you that we don't take any value out. 

There will be transportation on the 12th from Bucharest Airport to Sinaia and on the 18th back, all the details will be announced soon too.

There will be side-event, to have an idea of what you can expect, check out the schedule of our previous event.

The main event starting times will be at 3pm, therefore you have plenty of time before to discover Sinaia and do some wintersports.

Again, apologies for the delays, we understand that players want to plan ahead, since it is such an unusual event, it takes a bit of planning which is not easy, so I apologize in the name of the Unibet Open team too.

Thanks

Hello again and thank you for the quick answer,

I was joined 5-6 unibet open tournaments the past years and i think this is the first time that there are no guarantee prizepool and no details for the event 1 month ago. lets hope everything is ok and we gonna have a great tournament overall. i dont want to ofend someone by mentioning the cost of the hotel, just posted what i found for this particular travel. i will attend the anouncement of the details and post again.

Thank you very much

Hi, thanks for the registration letter, got it today. I have a question about it! It says:

"We will arrange busses for all full package player from Bucharest airport to New Montana Hotel, ONLY on the arrival and departure dates stated above. It is possible to purchase bus tickets to/from Sinaia for all players arriving/departing outside the dates above. More info HERE

You will receive a separate email shortly, where we will request your flight details. It’s important to fill out this survey, to secure transport for you and your guest."

Especially the red-color-part is interesting. Can I book my flights for any time of the day for those dates and it's guaranteed that there will be a transport around that time? Or should I aim for some time window where I assume a lot of other players are arriving/departing too?

The only thing I've been hoping from this thread is that it would help me to book my flights in good time. Still hoping :D

Hi @TeddyKGB,

We will arrange busses for all full package player from Bucharest airport to New Montana Hotel, ONLY on the arrival and departure dates stated above.

It doesn't say a time frame, it says it has to be on those dates. So if you arrive on the 12th, you will get transportation to Sinaia, whenever you arrive and then back to Bucharest Airport on the 18th, if you however come a day earlier or later, that wouldn't apply anymore.

The reason to know the arrival time of the flight is to plan, how many seats are needed in the transport, so if a lot of players arrive during a time frame, we can book a bus rather than a van/car, etc.

Thanks

Archived