Unibet Open Copenhagen - will you be there?

MarcoV

A few weeks ago I played an employee qualifier for the Unibet Open in Copenhagen, and with a little help through a seven sent from heaven in the last hand, I managed to win an entry for the TNL - Freeze out (side event).

Who will attend the next UO taking place in 2 weeks? Would be happy to meet some of you poker experts :)

Former community moderator

Very cool , u win the package congratz . Unfortunately for me, it has not gone very well ... I get to the ticket € 50 UO , and this time to have not yet spent there ... it was a pleasure and was very happy to meet you ... but if not this time will be a next GL all guys in the tornament .

, , , , ,  - any of you guys joining us in Copenhagen? We're considering setting up a small community tournament or some kind of community related activity if we get enough community members for this UO :)

@MarcoV wrote:

@BookTheWin@Sect7G@jonny2192@ChapInAChair@GotWhatItTakes@OldBurf - any of you guys joining us in Copenhagen? We're considering setting up a small community tournament or some kind of community related activity if we get enough community members for this UO :)

I d love to be there. I will take a shot in the last chance on Sunday. 

If I dont succeed I might go to Copenhagen nonetheless. It would be good to know if there are any live satellites for the 1100€ Event. Do you have any information about that, @MarcoV?

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

, would be a pleasure to meet you and other community members in Copenhagen - I hope you'll nail it on Sunday :)

We do acutally have a live satelite taking place on Wednesday the 24th:

UO.PNG.fae5b3e993727933b79bfc4328923c02.PNG

It really depens on what happens this Sunday. If I am able to qualify I ll go, if not its less likely.

I totally forget about the qualifiers each week, thats why I never played the 10€ and 50€ Sats. I made a big note to avoid forgetting about the sub-sats. :smileyembarrassed:

When will you anounce the final destination of UO? I have a quite good idea though. Would be very nice if you could include Seat Only Packages or Packages for the High Roller or side events for the coming live events. I d play all of them ❤️

Do you think about increasing the possibilities for online players?

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

Impossible to win a 250€ Seat for me. 

I guess you have to win allins like 99 vs A4 and TT vs K4o in the 50€ Sats to get there. Both times the flop is two pair for the opponent. A4x for A4, K4x for K4o.

Plus when I shove 15bb A7o in blind vs blind, BB calls with Q9o and of course Q9 gets rewarded.

If I didnt know better I would think you guys dont want me to be in Copenhagen. :smileytongue:

I guess I will try harder and play every sunday qualifer for the final event in BXXXaXXXt (???). 

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

@GotWhatItTakes wrote:

Impossible to win a 250€ Seat for me. 

I guess you have to win allins like 99 vs A4 and TT vs K4o in the 50€ Sats to get there. Both times the flop is two pair for the opponent. A4x for A4, K4x for K4o.

Plus when I shove 15bb A7o in blind vs blind, BB calls with Q9o and of course Q9 gets rewarded.

If I didnt know better I would think you guys dont want me to be in Copenhagen. :smileytongue:

I guess I will try harder and play every sunday qualifer for the final event in BXXXaXXXt (???). 

I feel your pain tonights UO250 final lost. 

AA to 84s

QQ to A3s

QQ to K9s

I feel I am playing totally wrong and need to fold QQ+ and only play any 2 suited cards.

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

I just went out near bubble of 250UO :robotindifferent:. It was a very swingy tournament and had lots of good preflop hands like KK 4 times AA twice but just couldnt build a stack with them. I got stacked early with full house over full house. Managed to slowly build back. Then 2 key pots didnt go my way. GG Better luck next UO.

Not actually Old.

I hope it wasn't on the river. You booked Helicopter to avoid all the river fish madness.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

• 2 weeks later...

After a great night out in Copenhagen with my brother and couple of good old friends from Denmark, I almost spend the whole day at the hotel getting ready for the TNL Freeze Out last night.
Had a nervous start with a couple of rookie mistakes, but I pulled myself together and started playing like I should. Went all in with JJ against AQ, won the pot and from here the fun began. All players were up for some action at this time and it was almost impossible to steal the blinds. Especially the guy next to me, who btw. won last night’s PLO side-event, was in a good run and held his chipleader position throughout my time at the table. 20 minutes before the break I went all in on the turn with AQ suited as I thought my opponent was trying to bluff me. He showed three of a kind, but like almost every hand in the qualification for the event, the river card was on my side – the 3rd diamond came!

We got a new dealer just before the break, and most of the players on the table thought we were going to catch a break. Instead the dealer started a hand 4 seconds before the break – got KK and raised 4x BB with the button, and as only one player called my raise I was sure I could take it down. The flop came with 4, 6, 9 (two spades), and I bet around ¾ of the pot. He raised, I pushed my stack into the table and showed the cards. He had J6 suited so I was in a good position, but for once the river wasn’t on my side, as he hit the 2nd 6 and knocked me out.

I was really pleased to be a part of the tournament packed with skilled players, collecting all the knowledge and experience I could by competing against opponents I knew were better than myself. My only goal was to avoid getting distracted by the high level surrounded by me and just play my own game without thinking about the high prizepool, but to be honest it was hard to forget that you’re playing for so much money, which I’m certainly not used to when it comes to poker.
Admitted, betting is more my field than poker :)

29158319002_650e3b8c63_z.jpg.9befb8a7deb08fd35068ffd9ad5df483.jpg

Archived