Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
komarac Rank 10
Rank 10

BookTheWin wrote:

im a satellite expert and you don't get it because your clearly not that bright.  I could start at 22 to a 109 and win 1 in 3.5 times better than most and get a seat for $70 starting at lower is beneficial to lower that cost to $30 it doesn't matter what you start at.  The lower you start the cheaper the final product is. 

Maybe I'm not so bright as you said but I do know mathematics very well, and someone who is able to beat 22€ satelites and have 30% ROI on them but continue to play 0,01€ and spending time at those one is pretty HeartHeartsHeart stupid.

So if you really beat higher buy in satelites you're loosing money beacause you're not earning as much as you can. 

Here is very intersting text about that.

https://foreverjobless.com/the-value-of-time/

after you read it tell me do you still think that 100000% ROI at 0,01€ BI( which you did only once and it's not accurate) is better then having constant ROI of 30% at 22€ or higher?

0 Likes
MoreTBC Rank 21
Rank 21

Thanks for the detailed write up @BookTheWin Thumbs Up

I probably should have been more specific with my question as it was specifically about the Unibet sat systems. I know in the open sat systems other sites have there are lots of opportunities to pick up value but this doesn't appear to be as obviously apparent in the UO system for example. You're stuck in the system with the top prize being the only route out, or that's how it seems from the outside looking in.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it Smile
0 Likes
BookTheWin Rank 13
Rank 13

You still don't get it because a 30% ROI it doesn't make sense it's just a small discount on playing a $109 MTT with high variance.  It's not worth it at all, what would be the point of playing in 10 live tournaments that im paying 70% of the buy in, my break even number is ridiulous to go stay in hostels/hotels, I'm down every stop.  It makes no sense at all if your paying 25% of the buy in it makes sense and it's a profitable situation.

The 1.10's to $5.50 are the softest tournament and it automatically double my ROI.  You don't think it's worth being on auto pilot playing tournaments where there soft consistent and it doubles your bottom line.  

You think it's better that I spend $420 ish to play a $720 tournament then starting lower and playing the same tourney for $120.  im min cashing for $1500 12x my buy in when I do it my way.  How is that not a smart move to spend a little extra time not risk my bankroll ever.  Because I'm only spending $1.10 at a time and anyone can start and learn this way.  I've played 2100 steps on stars, it doesn't matter I'm risking nothing and overcoming the live tournament expenses.

0 Likes
Sect7G Rank 13
Rank 13

I've had a lot of success playing satellites on other sites (Sect7G is my alias) so what OP says is true.  They are generally soft and his comments about September being softer than usual are very valid. 

0 Likes
komarac Rank 10
Rank 10

I do get you, but we're having different pov, I'm watching that from perspective of professional poker player who have a solid BR, also I play cash at every live event, where I have great hourly, so I'm almost every event I'm up overall or at least BE.

And from you're perspective of a recreational player with low bankroll, who is happy if he win 1 package in a year or two (which is also great since you're starting from lowest lvls)  thats very good approach.

When I said that it's better to play higher BI, I was thinking on playing satelites and accumulating T$, satelites pros are actually doing that and they are making a lot of money.

I never said that your advices are not good, but they are good for micro stakes players with very limited bankroll. 

0 Likes
BookTheWin Rank 13
Rank 13

That's one way to play satellites on one site, and never playing on that garbage site again.  That's not the only way to play satellites cashing out T$ for a living.  Your just a troll.

0 Likes
BookTheWin Rank 13
Rank 13

Early stages of satellites when you have 50 bb's or more so if it was 1500 starting and your playing 15/30 to start, the first level is the only level where you can see more flops with suited connectors and your big blinds etc.  

The main idea in satellites after the first level is every chip matters.  Defending your big blind that you would do in a normal tournament is one key thing that you don't do in Satellites.  When you play a hand your playing to double up.  You need to play tight and pick your spots very carefully, but when you play a hand you should be playing for it all.

You always need to know before the tournament how many chips you need to win.  If it is a 1 Euro to 4 Euro Satellite.  When the tournament finishes the average stack will be 6,000 1,500 x 4 so you need to think around 75% is enough.  So 4500 chips you need to be thinking as your target.  Once you have your target your play can be focused on that's your only goal so when you have 4,000 chips and get dealt AA at 100/200 blinds, you don't need to be messing around by opening and trying to get action with your AA, you should only be shoving all in.  You don't want to ever play multi way pots when your in such great shape, if you steal the blinds your fine, your right at your goal.  That's kind of a key thing in satellites if you have 6,000 chips you can look at the leaderboard and be like I'm in 2nd top 6 get seats their's 9 left im good to go and fold AK, KK, QQ it don't matter.  Instead of opening 2x 2.5x, you really should only be shoving late in tournaments with strong hands.  

So like AQs you have 2,200 chips at 75/150 I think it's a mistake to open to 300 or 450.  You gotta take your edge by just shoving all in and stealing the blinds or getting called by weaker hands.  You'll be surprised how often weaker hands get called because you just open ripped and you put yourself in a good spot to double up and be at your goal.  Tight Big Ball Poker I think is the best way to describe satellites, and when you have enough chips to sit out to the money.  Just take your time fold your hands and don't even think about I got KK, shouldn't even phase you to fold.

So early stage maybe even just first blind level you can spend 60 chips trying to hit a flop and get some of the weaker opponents to give you a double up.

After that it's just tight big ball poker till your goal and then fold your way in.

Basic summary of how I approach it anyways.

I mean tight as in tight as a nit.  Folds to be on the button I get K10 off at 30/60 I got 1440 I'll open fold. When your goal is 4500, you can pick your spots very well and stick to premiums.

Key Side Note: When your not getting cards and your not going to make it, shoving the hand before the big blind is better than waiting for the big blind with marginal hands, because you get the sb and bb if you win that hand compared to your paying the bb so you just get the sb the next hand.  Don't be afraid when your 2 hands from the blinds to shove any suited face card Q5 suited or whatever, sometimes when your card dead you have to gamble it up, don't get blinded out.  Shove light and give yourself a chance.

komarac Rank 10
Rank 10

BookTheWin wrote:

That's one way to play satellites on one site, and never playing on that garbage site again.  That's not the only way to play satellites cashing out T$ for a living.  Your just a troll.

Did I tell that is only way to play saties for living? 

Nobody forces you to play on pokerstars, but almost every good (satelite, MTT, or SNG) player is playing on pokerstars, and you my friend are miles away from being good.

There are no good players at 0,01€ satelites, they don't play them, same as good players in every sport or competition are not playing regulary at the lowest lvl. 

I'm not a troll, but whatever, you continue to be satelite guru at 0,01€ BI. 

0 Likes
BookTheWin Rank 13
Rank 13

Your a troll nothing but one, I can play any stakes satellites it doesn't matter.  You just keep trolling that's all you are.  Trying to say just because I start at 1.10's it's like playing Fifa on easy and being the best.  I'm just trying to help people play satellites and your the one saying o you call yourself the Satellite Guru.  Your the one who started trolling smarten up, eli elizra was playing $1/$2 cash tables o no one that good plays that low.  Your just a troll.

0 Likes