Unibet Open Bucharest in 2 Days Get ready to SATELLITE!

BookTheWin

Look some watched Unibet Open Copenhagen, some were there.  I think a lot of people were inspired for various reasons to qualify for the Final Stop in December Unibet Open Bucharest!

500,000 Euros Guaranteed that means they need at least 500 players to play in this tournament.  We could see a over 100,000 Euro first place prize and as some of the players shown at Unibet Open Copenhagen, anyone can make a deep run.

With that being said as a Satellite Guru I am advising everyone and I mean everyone if you want to qualify for Unibet Open Bucharest don't wait till October/November when the pressure grows.  September is the best month by far to qualify and you have every reason to load up and get in on the action.

Reasons to Qualify This September.

Unibet Open Slot is coming back which means all types of players will be getting UO Satellite tickets randomly even though they might be cash players etc.

Unibet Open Community Freeroll this Sunday UO Tickets being given away.

Unibet Open 1000 Euro Slot Freerolls are giving away you guessed it UO tickets.

There is going be tons of players that aren't use to satellite formats entering in the satellites all month long.  Some players might not care if their higher stakes players about the 2 euro ticket and punt off their stack to you.

I am a satellite player so I have a big edge already, but anyone and I'm talking to you just play your game this September the satellites should be softer and your chance of living it up and playing for Big Money in Romania could come true.

Good Luck to Everyone and see you at the satellite tables.

Do you know if working the satellite system is  profitable for you? By that i mean how much of the cash you put into the system do you see back in either straight cash (via expenses) or buyins. Do you keep track of it at all? It would be good to know what kind of return you are making and if it requires a large initial investment to get a return.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

To be honest working the Satellite system is the best way for players to live the dream.  I think if you want to make 100k or 500k, satellites is the most efficient path.

I don't usually give this away but might as well.

If I play a $1.10 to a $5.50 satellite on average it costs me $2.75 to win that ticket, sometimes im winning 70% of them for a few days and its even better but it balances out to $2.75 a ticket then a $5.50 to a $22 i win 1 in like 2.8 times I guess basically costs me $8 to win a $22 ticket.  Now I am not speaking just Unibet here.  But theres $22 to $109 satellites and in the end it costs me $30 to win a $109 ticket.  That can be repeatable over and over and over.  I just have to put in the time.  

On Sunday for example not just bragging but this did happen.  I played a 1 cent satellite top 20 got 1.10 tickets.  won it then won the 1.10 to 5.50 then won the 5.50 to 22.  Then decided to use it in a 10 player winner take all to a $215 satellite.  I was down 272k to 28k going into heads up but came back won the $215.  Then ran over the $215 to a $1000 to win a World Poker Tour Package.  With that comes a $720 and $280 in Cash for expenses.  that's 100,000x my investment so even I played this for rest of my life id still be profitable if I never won another one.  (Funny Side Note) I earned enough points on the way to get a $1.10 ticket so technically it costs me     (-$1.09) to play these haha.

The thing is I start at the lowest ring that makes sense so 1c on 1 site to $1.10 or just buy in straight or 1.10 Euro or $1 depending on the poker room and just let my skill advantage and finding good spots where there is overlay.

For example as I said it costs me $30 to win a $109 ticket on average.  There was a satellite to a $720 tournament that was having some serious overlay on a daily basis.  The thing is I should win a seat 1 in 4 times with the overlay and that means a $720 live tournament would cost me $120 on average right so even though its just math based all you have to do is show up and play the right way to play satellites and you can get into big tourneys from $1.10 or sometimes 1 cent.

So my theory is 1 tournament is going to be did you run good? did you hold? but if you win yourself into 10 live tournaments which it's possible this fall for sure with $109 buy in or $720 buy in or $260 buy in. You can even go bigger and get into 220 pound roughly $350 Unibet Open UK which ive done or the UNibet Open Bucharest which Im starting this week obviously or even bigger than that to $10,000 tournaments.  If you are getting into these tournaments for lets say 20% on average of the buy in and have 10 of them odds are you'll cash in 1 of em and 1 cash could cover all the satellite costs.  Also at the same time everyone of these tournaments have $10,000 to $300,000 for first so you have a lot of chances to hit that homerun that changes your life.

It's my poker path so I've always been very good at knowing when I can start folding every single hand including Aces, I remember last week I could fold into the money and had AA, AK, KK in consecutive hands which is kind of a needle when your on fold mode.  But I won the sat so that's all that matters.

Now those are just live satellites obviously but the same system can be worked on different sites for online tournaments including spin ngo type tourneys..

Think about my $1 to $22 on one site I can do the same thing $1 to $30 and it'll cost me $9 on average (site is even softer so it's not like $10 or $11).  I can play a $30 4 player spin n go type tournament.  Could play for up to $300,000 but lets be realistic and just get normal ones it's going to be profitable to play $30 sngs for $9 a pop right the only thing is the issue is time.

Time for me means nothing because I'm not doing anything anyways so the hours spent grinding the satellites they are just time filler so it makes sense for me.

Also taking shots by moving up the satellites from $1.10 to $5 to $30 to $160 and play a big $160 tournament for $40 or so on average.  

Now very important this is my satellite average and breakdown of what it costs for me to play, when you start out your edge won't be as big most likely.  But with overlay in tournaments just playing them is a profitable decision even if your a break even player.  When they need 55 players to make the gte and only 32 sign up you just have to build up roughly 3.2x starting stacks x 70% and you can usually slip into the money.  that's literally a dbl up and some late blind steals.

Hope this helps if you need any satellite advice, I'm happy to try to help.

I wrote about this recently here. Satellites can be hugely profitable but if you can't win cash for winning two tickets to the same event (as with Unibet) then you have to accept that it's a very high variance route to take. It can be a lot of fun though and, hopefully, a route to a big score.

Formerly known as StartlingGrope

@komarac wrote:

I don't want to offend you, but calling yourself satelite guru, while playing mostly 1€ and 5€ satelites is ridiculous. 

It's like you're braging that you beat FIFA CPU at amateur level. 

I crush satellites and I know plenty of others who do too. I can attest that every word he's written is accurate. It doesn't matter what your stakes are if your strategy is correct and the OP has it just about nailed.

He's given some useful, friendly advice. There's absolutely no need for you to be such a monumental arseclown about it.

Formerly known as StartlingGrope

im a satellite expert and you don't get it because your clearly not that bright.  I could start at 22 to a 109 and win 1 in 3.5 times better than most and get a seat for $70 starting at lower is beneficial to lower that cost to $30 it doesn't matter what you start at.  The lower you start the cheaper the final product is. 

What is your early game strategy in those satellites ? 

Do you try to see a lot of cheap flops and outplay your opponents that way or are you waiting for those big hands, get it allin and dbl-up that way (and steal some blinds on later stages). Usually it is really enough to get 2-3x stack and book the ticket to the next stage satellite.

What are your toughts about AQs preflop allin on the early stages. I have been running bad with that. Almost always i either see AK or a big pocket pair on villains. 

What satellites do you consider more profitable, turbo or normal (and on what buy-ins). I have been doing better on normal blind levels and im thinking not playing those turbo formats that much any more.

Get rekt

@BookTheWin wrote:

im a satellite expert and you don't get it because your clearly not that bright.  I could start at 22 to a 109 and win 1 in 3.5 times better than most and get a seat for $70 starting at lower is beneficial to lower that cost to $30 it doesn't matter what you start at.  The lower you start the cheaper the final product is. 

Maybe I'm not so bright as you said but I do know mathematics very well, and someone who is able to beat 22€ satelites and have 30% ROI on them but continue to play 0,01€ and spending time at those one is pretty ❤️♥️❤️ stupid.

So if you really beat higher buy in satelites you're loosing money beacause you're not earning as much as you can. 

Here is very intersting text about that.

https://foreverjobless.com/the-value-of-time/

after you read it tell me do you still think that 100000% ROI at 0,01€ BI( which you did only once and it's not accurate) is better then having constant ROI of 30% at 22€ or higher?

Thanks for the detailed write up  👍

I probably should have been more specific with my question as it was specifically about the Unibet sat systems. I know in the open sat systems other sites have there are lots of opportunities to pick up value but this doesn't appear to be as obviously apparent in the UO system for example. You're stuck in the system with the top prize being the only route out, or that's how it seems from the outside looking in.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

You still don't get it because a 30% ROI it doesn't make sense it's just a small discount on playing a $109 MTT with high variance.  It's not worth it at all, what would be the point of playing in 10 live tournaments that im paying 70% of the buy in, my break even number is ridiulous to go stay in hostels/hotels, I'm down every stop.  It makes no sense at all if your paying 25% of the buy in it makes sense and it's a profitable situation.

The 1.10's to $5.50 are the softest tournament and it automatically double my ROI.  You don't think it's worth being on auto pilot playing tournaments where there soft consistent and it doubles your bottom line.  

You think it's better that I spend $420 ish to play a $720 tournament then starting lower and playing the same tourney for $120.  im min cashing for $1500 12x my buy in when I do it my way.  How is that not a smart move to spend a little extra time not risk my bankroll ever.  Because I'm only spending $1.10 at a time and anyone can start and learn this way.  I've played 2100 steps on stars, it doesn't matter I'm risking nothing and overcoming the live tournament expenses.

I do get you, but we're having different pov, I'm watching that from perspective of professional poker player who have a solid BR, also I play cash at every live event, where I have great hourly, so I'm almost every event I'm up overall or at least BE.

And from you're perspective of a recreational player with low bankroll, who is happy if he win 1 package in a year or two (which is also great since you're starting from lowest lvls)  thats very good approach.

When I said that it's better to play higher BI, I was thinking on playing satelites and accumulating T$, satelites pros are actually doing that and they are making a lot of money.

I never said that your advices are not good, but they are good for micro stakes players with very limited bankroll. 

Early stages of satellites when you have 50 bb's or more so if it was 1500 starting and your playing 15/30 to start, the first level is the only level where you can see more flops with suited connectors and your big blinds etc.  

The main idea in satellites after the first level is every chip matters.  Defending your big blind that you would do in a normal tournament is one key thing that you don't do in Satellites.  When you play a hand your playing to double up.  You need to play tight and pick your spots very carefully, but when you play a hand you should be playing for it all.

You always need to know before the tournament how many chips you need to win.  If it is a 1 Euro to 4 Euro Satellite.  When the tournament finishes the average stack will be 6,000 1,500 x 4 so you need to think around 75% is enough.  So 4500 chips you need to be thinking as your target.  Once you have your target your play can be focused on that's your only goal so when you have 4,000 chips and get dealt AA at 100/200 blinds, you don't need to be messing around by opening and trying to get action with your AA, you should only be shoving all in.  You don't want to ever play multi way pots when your in such great shape, if you steal the blinds your fine, your right at your goal.  That's kind of a key thing in satellites if you have 6,000 chips you can look at the leaderboard and be like I'm in 2nd top 6 get seats their's 9 left im good to go and fold AK, KK, QQ it don't matter.  Instead of opening 2x 2.5x, you really should only be shoving late in tournaments with strong hands.  

So like AQs you have 2,200 chips at 75/150 I think it's a mistake to open to 300 or 450.  You gotta take your edge by just shoving all in and stealing the blinds or getting called by weaker hands.  You'll be surprised how often weaker hands get called because you just open ripped and you put yourself in a good spot to double up and be at your goal.  Tight Big Ball Poker I think is the best way to describe satellites, and when you have enough chips to sit out to the money.  Just take your time fold your hands and don't even think about I got KK, shouldn't even phase you to fold.

So early stage maybe even just first blind level you can spend 60 chips trying to hit a flop and get some of the weaker opponents to give you a double up.

After that it's just tight big ball poker till your goal and then fold your way in.

Basic summary of how I approach it anyways.

I mean tight as in tight as a nit.  Folds to be on the button I get K10 off at 30/60 I got 1440 I'll open fold. When your goal is 4500, you can pick your spots very well and stick to premiums.

Key Side Note: When your not getting cards and your not going to make it, shoving the hand before the big blind is better than waiting for the big blind with marginal hands, because you get the sb and bb if you win that hand compared to your paying the bb so you just get the sb the next hand.  Don't be afraid when your 2 hands from the blinds to shove any suited face card Q5 suited or whatever, sometimes when your card dead you have to gamble it up, don't get blinded out.  Shove light and give yourself a chance.

@BookTheWin wrote:

That's one way to play satellites on one site, and never playing on that garbage site again.  That's not the only way to play satellites cashing out T$ for a living.  Your just a troll.

Did I tell that is only way to play saties for living? 

Nobody forces you to play on pokerstars, but almost every good (satelite, MTT, or SNG) player is playing on pokerstars, and you my friend are miles away from being good.

There are no good players at 0,01€ satelites, they don't play them, same as good players in every sport or competition are not playing regulary at the lowest lvl. 

I'm not a troll, but whatever, you continue to be satelite guru at 0,01€ BI. 

Your a troll nothing but one, I can play any stakes satellites it doesn't matter.  You just keep trolling that's all you are.  Trying to say just because I start at 1.10's it's like playing Fifa on easy and being the best.  I'm just trying to help people play satellites and your the one saying o you call yourself the Satellite Guru.  Your the one who started trolling smarten up, eli elizra was playing $1/$2 cash tables o no one that good plays that low.  Your just a troll.

Archived