Unibet Live Pay-outs

VikingsAF

Hey guys, just a simple question.

How does Unibet pay-out winners at Live events?

Through their Unibet account? Or cash? Or via bank transfer? And are there limits on each of the options?

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

It really depends on the legal situation of the country guys, in some countries only bank transfers are allowed, in others we are pay-out on the Unibet account. In most country's there is a Cash in hand option as well for example, we can payout 10K in cash and the rest via bank transfer. It all depends on the country really. Hope it makes sense.

/Ray

Former Community Moderator

Btw @RayL: in which european country allows the legislation the organising of a Unibet Open? I think Malta, Romania, England+Ireland are on the ok list, but what about Germany, Switzerland and some Eastern European countries like Slovakia, Czech Republik, Poland, Serbia, Croatia?

I think it's not just license that play a role but also reachability/capacity/customer base.

I'm not involved in the planning but I assume, that we mostly pick destinations where we get a good reach for acquisition, so stops where we have a key markets are generally interesting (for example UK, Ireland, Romania, France, Sweden, Belgium, etc.).

Then other factors play a role too, space for example, as we need a minimum of X tables, availability of hotels nearby, local laws for events like this, previous experiences during stops.

Serbia, Croatia, Slovakia and many of the Eastern European countries are easier not doable for license reasons (no Czech Republic for example) or don't fit the criteria mentioned above, it might change in the future but at this stage I think those would be very unlikely.

Poland is a decent sized market for us but I can't remember any bigger events there in the past years if I'm not mistaken?

Germany and Switzerland are tricky due to local laws, Austria could be theoretically a possibility and not impossible in the near future once we set a foot in there as we only got back to Austria last year.

On a personal level, I would love to see a more exotic stop (similar to Sinaia) but exotic also usually means a risk and more work.

I'm positive we will see some really nice new stops in the near future :)

Thanks

Archived