Unibet Dublin package e-mail

DaBookie

@GR1ZZL3R I sympathise as I too am waiting for details.  The events themselves are very good once you get there, but I must admit I do find it very frustrating the delays with the admin and organisation of the live events beforehand.  How come the other sites manage to publish full details of their tours up to a year in advance, but Unibet struggle event to event?  I've missed out on several of the trips due to late knowledge of the dates which is frustrating, because like I said they are worth attending once you get there.   Sort that out and they have the perfect tour. 

Any news @Ray-Unibet on the Unibet Open details and whether there will be a deep stack open to play for beforehand?  I need to book the time off work asap if I am going to come before the Thursday..

@sgriff Over 6 weeks since I won the ticket and now over a week since Dublin was confirmed but no info yet. I love the Unibet site and community but this isn't really ideal, as I'm:wonder: so looking forward to my fist live appearance, everyone says how good it is. Back to drumming my fingers in anticipation. 

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@DaBookie @GR1ZZL3R I understand the anticipation and we're looking to get the information out as soon as soon as we can. The event location was just recently made known to us, but I believe there are still some organisation details that needs to get in order before we can take signups - on Unibetopen.com the event isn't even made public with the accompanying information yet. I apologize for the delay regarding the re-structuring of this last UO event, but  just hang tight please and we'll get there once the details are sorted :)

@sgriff Sorry, but we don't have any updates on the specific schedule as of yet :(

/Jeppe

Former Community Manager

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

@sgriff Over 6 weeks since I won the ticket and now over a week since Dublin was confirmed but no info yet. I love the Unibet site and community but this isn't really ideal, as I'm:wonder: so looking forward to my fist live appearance, everyone says how good it is. Back to drumming my fingers in anticipation. 

Definitely worth the wait @GR1ZZL3R   Looking forward to meeting you in Dublin.  

I'm pretty sure it will be worth it @sgriff, so looking forward to the meet up. Received e-mail today confirming dates 21st-25th Nov, and venue Dublin, which I think we all knew, but pretty much nothing else, will just carry on waiting.

1677562844_Screenshot(496).png.a8e2bc7a8ed5d08a501c287f2f866307.png:Wonder:

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@GR1ZZL3R I got that e-mail too and for a minute got all excited.  I guess it's a holding e-mail to say they haven't forgotten about us.

A bit of advice - if you aren't sure which day 1 to go for, bear in mind that if you go for day 1a you will be leaving the hotel on the Sunday.  The main issue with that is not what happens if you are still playing on day 3 (don't worry about that - Unibet pay your extra travel expenses in the unlikely event this happens), but is the fact the players' party is the night before.    Going to bed at say 6am and getting up again to catch an early flight is no fun at all.  Did that once in Bucharest and lesson well and truly learnt!  

Playing day 1a might still be best for you, just as long as you know what awaits you on Sunday if you also have an early flight home! 

Hi @sgriff and thanks for the advice. I don't know which day to play but I'm thinking of heading for Dublin on the ferry from Holyhead so time isn't an issue as I can leave as and when I like. Do you have any thoughts on best time to play, I really, really  don't expect to run deep, I'm only doing it for the whole experience, so any advice from you or comm. members would be greatly appreciated.😃

@GR1ZZL3R playing day 1a gives an advantage of a rest day before day 2 if you progress.  But if you aren't expecting too much then day 1b might be better. There is nothing worse than being knocked out on day 1a before the welcome party. Done that too. It's depressing knowing you are finished when loads of others are excited about playing the next day.

One last consideration is the timing of the side events if you want to play them. No info available yet. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi @sgriff,

you should already have received a congratulation email a while ago, did you check your spam folder? I can ask the team to re-send it if you can't find it.

@DaBookie

Registration forms should be sent out later this week, latest next week, so you will be able to choose your starting day.

@bergeroo

If you choose day 1a, hotel is Wednesday-Sunday, if you play day 1b, it can be Thursday-Monday as far as I know.

More info will be available when you get the registration form.

Regarding travel money, I checked your account and you received it already just a few days after qualifying.

Hi @Patric-Unibet

I confirm that I did receive the e-mails, but they contained very little info.  The one on 8/8 stated well done on winning but we don't know when or where it will be held but 'Please bear with us for just a little bit longer ',   and the one on 4/9 (5 weeks ago) confirmed the dates and City (but not hotel).I asked separately for details of the schedule as I wanted to play the deep stack open event if there was one, but that info couldn't be provided either.

Since then I have seen the schedule very recently (thanks to social media) and heard this week that the hotel is the Bonnington Hotel & Leisure Centre (social media again).  I guess my frustration is the long delay in hearing anything to the extent I've gone ahead and booked flights and taken a chance I will get the hotel nights I need, rather than risk the flights going up in price nearer the time as was the case when I went to Malta and was waiting for e-mails to be answered over several weeks. That cost me over an extra £100 (or over £200 if I had taken my wife on that occasion).  Work also wanted me to confirm when I would be on holiday.  It's also meant I've had to skip the deep stack open as I didn't know when it would be, if at all.  That's why I'm frustrated, but also know it will be worth it once I get there based on previous events..

Archived