UO Bucharest Q&A

Tillus

In this thread, post any questions about the upcoming Unibet Open event!

UO_BucharestQ-A.jpg.6a124846fe93bb5d04f3c41e5f4da7f7.jpgMaybe fellow community members who have been there before can help you out, otherwise  assured me, someone from the UO staff is gonna look into the thread and post some answers. 

I'll just start with a question myself: Are there additional costs for a guest in Bucharest at the Marriot? I'm asking because in London I didn't have to pay for my girlfriend at all, so she had free breakfast also. In Copenhagen however they charged 25€/night and then breakfast was also included, however there was no possibility to not take the breakfast and bail out on the fee.

See you in Bucharest and until then, good luck at the tables 🆒

In your defence my reply didn't actually answer your question as you were looking for a specific response regarding Bucharest :) a list of which places have/don't have additional fees probably just needs added to the FAQ

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

• 1 month later...

Hey,

I have received first email confirming win in satellite. I went into registration link and registered into day 1A there. After that received auto email confirmation that details have been received.

Usually though there used to be a confirmation email with registered day and hotel dates. If I filled that in the link can I be 100% sure that I would be playing day 1A with respective dates?
I am asking since it's only 2 weeks now so I am not sure if day choosing is that flexible and I have to book the flights.

Thanks

If you filled out the form in the link and received confirmation, then you should be set for day 1A and details for the flight and hotel come later. We'll check up on it with the UO staff, but there should be no reason for alarm, and if there is we'll have it sorted :)

Former Community Manager

From the airport to the hotel :

• Airport shuttle service, reservation required, fee: 45 RON (one way) Approximately €10
    Shuttle Phone: +40 21 4030000 Ext 2952
  • Alternate transportation: Hotel limousine; fee: 194 RON (one way) ;reservation required Approximately 40
  • Bus service, fee: 5 RON  (one way) Approximately €1
  • Estimated taxi fare: 80 RON  (one way) Approximately €20

If you need any more info,happy to help :)

"When things are bad, it's the best time to reinvent yourself"

@GotWhatItTakes wrote:

Thanks @AndreiBN! :)

I think the public transport services aren´t easy to master. Unfortunately, Google Maps doesn´t have Bucharest´s bus lines included :teardrop:

I really appreciate your help, I might come back to you soon :happyshy:

Who cares about the public transport? Rent a limousine from the hotel.:haha:

If you wanna take the BUS Line 780 or 783 from the Airport Otopeni Henri Coanda to the city, the bus stop is downstairs, in front of Arrivals Entrance (from International Arrivals, take the stairs, follow the signs to get to Arrivals and then exit) or follow the yellow Bus signs. There is a kiosk/ machine where you can buy tickets, the driver don't sell tickets

Line 783 bus -every 15 minutes - To Victoria Square ( about 31 minutes ride)

From Victoria Square take the subway - every 10 minutes - M1 about 10 minutes ride to Eroilor 

From Eroilor Station there is about 1KM ..15 minutes walk or whatever you want -to the hotel :)

Total cost for this is around 2-3 Euros

@JeppeL wrote:

@Ejsik If you filled out the form in the link and received confirmation, then you should be set for day 1A and details for the flight and hotel come later. We'll check up on it with the UO staff, but there should be no reason for alarm, and if there is we'll have it sorted :)

Hey Jeppe,

Thanks very much for your answer. Fortunately Alina from UO team responded to my email and confirmed the dates for me so everything is ok!

Best regards

@AndreiBN wrote:

@GotWhatItTakes From the airport to the hotel :

• Estimated taxi fare: 80 RON  (one way) Approximately €20

If you need any more info,happy to help :)

Hi AndreiBN,

Airport website says:

"As of Wednesday, June 15, 2016, licensed taxis without prior request, with fares of up to up 1.40 lei/km, will be available for passengers arriving at Bucharest Henri Coandă International Airport. These cars will be situated in a taxi station located at the exit of the terminal and will take passengers in order of arrival"

If there are taxis available there with a fare of 1,4 per km and apparently it's about 20km from airport to the hotel, wouldn't be rather around 30 RON for the taxi?

Thanks

In theory yes, but not really happening at this price.

Probably you will end up paying double 60 RON= 13 Euros ,and you have to be really carefull to not be taking on another route to have much more kms.If you wanna take a taxi,there is a dispercer that takes your order and they are the legal ones :)

@pirahn wrote:

Where is the best place to exchange currencies ?

Is euors accepted or do you have to pay in RON ?

Many thanks in advance

@pirahn Short answer :No,Euro is not accepted,but this depends on what do you wanna purchase.

There are plenty of exchange currency agencies.Just read carefully before you do the exchange,to have 0% commision.Even if it says that on the boards in the windows,just before you sign ,make sure it's stated that they have 0% commision.

Bad idea to exchange currency at the airport.Just a small amount to have enough to get you to the hotel will do,and form there they will guide you where is the best place to exchange currency

That depends a  lot of your credit/debit card you have.I have a card that i can withdraw any amount in any country in the world with 0 commision.

Anyways,at any ATM in Romania,doesn;t matter from what bank it is,before you accept the withdraw,it will show if there will be any commision with it and how much it is,so if you think it's to much,just cancel it and things will be ok.From what i know,most of the card have somewhere like a 3-5 euros commision for withdraws from an ATM in a different country at a different bank,regardless of the amount you withdraw...so the best way to do it,is to withdraw a big amount so you will only pay one commision

Archived