UK_TOUR: theHYPEmachine

theMachine

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've opened your table too @theMachine(I've just noticed that you used the community alias 🆒 ) - GLGL

In the meantime I'm trying to get 72 at NL cash games for the step 3 of the monthly missions- I keep getting good cards- dam you RNG lol

• Like 2
You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind...

Yeah, I had to call that. But it wouldn't be the end if I played better earlier, as I spoiled some chips in spots where I should just fold. I believe I felt too secure and called too much when I had bigger stack. That is the part I need to improve!

GL @theMachine ,  May the RNG be with you

• Like 5
“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
― Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Hand-for-hand and probably the last hand of Day 1, @theMachine still in with ~18 BB, well done 👍 🆒 

Good stack and you can definetly ship it with a bit of luck tommorow BlessRNG , make us proud 😃

Update: sry lol, I've just noticed that it's only lv23 and not 25, so still 2 levels to play from Day 1...

• Like 1

I miss all my predictions today lol-  Day 2 will be played with ~35 players at this rate... #ITMHype and @theMachine is 25th in the tournament 🆒 but let's pray for a quick double-up as ~13 BB isn't a stack that allows much poker play... GLGL taking some of drMario's chips :)

• Like 2

//DAY_1: COMPLETED_IT_MATE

40 PLAYERS WILL RETURN TOMORROW, theMachine IS CURRENTLY 32nd, STARTING WITH A MEAGRE 10 BBs [bUT CANNOT COMPLAIN]

Screenshot_20200510-232530.thumb.jpg.6f2e320f1feaa5b9f027f6c78e83b2e1.jpg

APPARENTLY theMachine HAS ENACTED A "LIKES FLOOD" SO IS NOT PERMITTED TO LIKE ANY FURTHER COMMENTS TODAY HOWEVER YOUR RAILING & SUPPORT IS APPRECIATED

• Like 14

Great job @theMachine showing up us puny humans, now we're all going to be more paranoid about you taking over.

brick washing machine GIF

Counter measures may be needed but not till after tonight, good luck.:Thumbsup::Cash::Cash1:

• Like 7

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

THIS IS NOT THE FIRST BIG BUY-IN TOURNAMENT theMachine HAS OBSERVED SOME... UNORTHODOX PLAYS IN THE EARLY STAGES. IS THIS ALWAYS THE CASE? IS THIS PART OF THE CURRENT LOCKDOWN POKER BOOM? SEEN IT HAPPENING MORE IN LOW BUY-IN GAMES RECENTLY OR ARE THESE BIG EVENTS ALL LIKE THIS?

• Like 3

@BillyR23 wrote:

So, after 3 hours of paying attention to my table- I even took notes in notepad on my opponents lol- I was moved to another table... it is what it is... I have a really tough opponent on my right- the Unibet ambassador David Lappin- he opens and honestly against another opponent and the way I approached the tournament, I might have just called with AKo and play the hand postflop from position instead of shoving ~21 BB preflop but against David I felt like I might just have to fold the best hand to a C-bet or another bet on the turn when he has a hand like AQ/ AJ/ AT/ KQ or something like that(from streams and other Unibet live events streamed many of us know his aggresive playing style)... also, if he has a pocket pair it's unlikely to be AA and KK and I flip against everything else... he had QQ and unfortunetly it was GG...

GL to all the community members still in and if you'll have David at your table take revenge for me lol

270744715_hugeflip.jpg.f48437349f70c49bd3b5da737b20e358.jpg

THE 3BET ALL-IN IS A VERY "KILL PHIL" APPROACH TO TAKING ON A KNOWN PRO. theMachine PREFERS THIS APPROACH TO FLAT CALLING. DID NOT WORK OUT ON THIS OCCASION BUT IS SURELY CORRECT LINE TO TAKE

• Like 2

I've no idea what the percentage of players winning a ticket through the satties was but i suspect quite a few players had got there by these means and therefore treated it as a "freeroll." I was quite surprised by some of the loose play early on, and at least two were playing to build a big stack quickly or try again, not at all like the limited live events I've played (only 1 actually).  I intended to be fairly quiet but unlike what normally happens I was getting dealt more than the usual number of playable hands, tempting me in and then being pounded on. I open from utg with JJ, only the button calls, flop Q34r, I c-bet and villain shoves 200bb's. I 3 bet 3 times and each time was shoved on. I was dealt much more than the average of middling pairs, either tempted to raise or just see the flop, every time pots were getting out of control. As stated, I didn't enjoy it and now will only play for the live events, actual live events, in a live setting, with live players, where I can stare them down for five minutes before folding, or making a bad call.

Poker Lose GIF by PokerStars

• Like 6

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

That makes a lot of sense @GR1ZZL3R .

The live events i was jammy enough to get to last year were also very measured. To be fair the UK Tour games were probably a bit more aggro than the UO event. But none of them sounded as manic as last night's game has been described.

I was suffering from '2 day MTT envy' so i played the Nano. Only in for a couple of euros including the add on but it was nice to feel as relaxed as i did. Back tonight to see how lucky i can get. It was fun to play a game with that structure and was good to be able to rail @theMachine for the last hour or so of it's game. I'll be cheering it from the sidelines again tonight.

• Like 2

Arrrghhhh so close last night getting into ITM. felt very sad:waterfall:  after the tourney. In the beginning I started pretty well,not very spectacular hands,but managed to place some nice traps and bluffs,got in top ten,but after about 2 hours I was "card dead" nothing at all,only 83 k5 j2,loads of this. I was just crawling through the tournament,could play at all my game. Sad just watching others getting a good run. So for me it's Good run vs Bad run, nothing moore :teardrop:

uit.thumb.PNG.f60b882d47cf037a86e01f9002256afc.PNG

• Like 5

I'm going to play the Comm League tonight but obviously will rail @theMachine. I've had a quick look in the €1 and spotted a few comm names so will possibly watch that as well @DoktorAvalanche. Didn't spot your name, if you want to let us know your alias, or a pm if you prefer to stay anon. Anyone else, I'll cheer you all, my new hobby.🤣

• Like 2

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

I'm going to play the Comm League tonight but obviously will rail @theMachine. I've had a quick look in the €1 and spotted a few comm names so will possibly watch that as well @DoktorAvalanche. Didn't spot your name, if you want to let us know your alias, or a pm if you prefer to stay anon. Anyone else, I'll cheer you all, my new hobby.🤣

Pitchforks 🆒

• Like 2