Flights to Bucharest for August are already £240 and going up every day

vixere

FML!!

Anyone got any good ideas about how to get to Bucharest?

If I don't win some Bank of E € in Malta I might have to forfeit the Bucharest package.

I suppose it is peak summer holiday time.

:waterfall: :waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall:

vixere * 18.7k hands
VPIP 45% | RFI 40% | 3B 21%
steal 100% | RaiseSBlimp 100%

Oh yeah, I forgot.

I'm in Scotland.

I just need to hope there's cheaper flights later on.

Maybe I could start walking and swimming after Malta. Might help the weight loss plan.

Apparently it's 1360Km seems possible.

vixere * 18.7k hands

It depends on where you fly from. A quick look on Skyscanner shows flights from £160 from Birmingham so if you can get a cheap train from where you are to there and then fly it might work out better than going from a Scottish airport.

Might be worth looking at ferries and then trains too.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

@MoreTBC I had checked Stansted and all the London Airports. Birmingham is a pain to get to from Edinburgh (where I am) as is Manchester but it's a good thought I should prob add at least Newcastle to my Skyscanner alert.

Thanks for the help.

vixere * 18.7k hands

@triceraatopp Thanks for that. Sadly unless I'm mistaken which is quite likely UO Bucharest is 2-5 August so I was checking flights from 1 Aug or a bit earlier until 5/6 August which is more expensive. Seems like peak school holiday time :(

Everyone is so kind checking all this stuff out for me. Really appreciate it.

vixere * 18.7k hands

@triceraatopp looks like it's going to be the same price whenever. I'll keep my skyscanner alerts on. It's got ridiculous now. I was just checking flying to Athens and Budapest because they have cheap flights to Bucharest. :)
vixere * 18.7k hands

@vixere sometimes working the return flights out first helps, as then you see possible connection flights. Flying back to Milan and rome was cheap.

Also try kiwi.com in lets you add in a date range find it narrows down results better than skyscanner.
Also rometorio gives different forms of transport and can give other ideas.

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

@vixere

I use this and it always give me a nice heads upp about price. https://www.momondo.com

1: Use it diffrent time of the day to see if the price change.

2: When you find something in your "match" go direct to the homepage of the airline if possible.

Also it is the best for flying anywhere, you can specify with multiple stops and so on....the top show availeble on diffrent dates, nice feture...just to help out GL :)

Nothing is impossible, the impossible only take some time.

248 euro is the cheapest I can find indeed (still in the 250 euro expenses range :p), but I find it strange that there are no low-cost connections included.

Like Ryanair and Wizzair should have return flights under 100 euro to anywhere :p Anyhow, 2 months before the date the tickets should be the cheapest, so look back at the beginning of June

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

Thank you to everyone for the efforts. Found some really good travel planning tools I didn't know existed :D

Hopefully it'll all work out in the end.

The takeaway is probably to check the cost of flights before qualifying, not after LOL. I just thought like @VikingsAF that €100-150 max would cover it.

Anyway, i'm just win in Malta and money no problem after that. :Rofl::Rofl::Rofl::Rofl:

Thank you all

vix

vixere * 18.7k hands

Booked KLM from Edinburgh via Amsterdam with good flight times and 12KG hand baggage:laugh:

£260/€300 :waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall:

For anyone else looking you can get flights from LON airports - Stansted, Gatwick, Luton for about £170 but going up every day.

And I busted Malta so no spending money - but I did meet @triceraatopp and some old friends. So all good.

Thx again to everyone for their help.

Vix

vixere * 18.7k hands

Archived