Unibet Community

Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
triceraatopp Rank 17
Rank 17

I feel so confused, why is everybody feeling this is a bad thing? Im not trying to be rude in any way Im seriously asking.. Why would you want to have 1 quadrillion small tickets and play the same high variance game over and over? And in what way does your quadrillion 1 eur tickets loose value becouse you cant change big tickets to small in the future?

I also think its a misconception that this is something bad to rec players, I myself started to play poker 1 year ago, I had no clue what i was doing and played my first satelite in feb this year deciding to try qualify for a live event. Since then I have won 3 UO and 3 UK packages, and if i that didnt even know what icm meant, can do that anybody can!

Im sure evrybody will benefit from the satelites being played more seriously, it will be more fun and easier for serious players to qualify Smile

radge1 Rank 18
Rank 18

Hi @Leo-Unibet and @Patric-Unibet

I'm going to have a problem with a log-jam of tickets at the UO10 level......what's the procedure for requesting a one-off manual exchange? Should I PM one/both of you or post in this thread?

Regards

radge1

0 Likes
Unibet Poker Expert Leo-Unibet
Unibet Poker Expert

@radge1 @triceraatopp @Merenitsu @cris1285 @jerry

I understand these changes aren't appriciated for some of the players,  but for the majority of the players the changes  it woll me a good thing. We didn't just remove the option to exchange bigger ticket to smaller. We also added some smaller qualifiers (€0,20 , €1)  to let "all" players have a chance to go all the way to the sunday final and bink a UO package.

The whole Idea with qualifier steps is that the money goes up to higher steps and finally generates a UO package. The many different buyin variations makes it possible for everyone to jump in on the steps,  level thats match their bankroll.

I really belive this will turn out good for all, we just have to wait some time and evaluate.

Merenitsu Rank 21
Rank 21

@triceraatopp the fact that you so quickly got to a live tournament is just luck and not a pattern. for people who are not lucky because you need a big bacroll and playing a lot of tournaments

EL_HEFAZO Rank 13
Rank 13
I can't believe someone could be in favor of this measure, unless there is a hidden agenda or another interests behind their sayings. But it seems the mayority of the players are against these changes and not just some of them as Unibet says.

I hope this is not set in stone yet and Unibet representatives change their mind when they realize less people are going to play those qualifiers because of this great idea.
MetalWolf Rank 18
Rank 18

Hi @Leo-Unibet

Im sure Unibet has explored the options and certainly know better than me. You guys do a great job and I trust that in the long run it will be the best balance for players and business.

That being said I had an idea that I thought I'd mention anyway.

What if you had lower tier exchangers at the end of every day but made it impossible to break larger value tickets. For example.

UK tour

Be able to break all €4's at the end of a day. Maybe even add in a 0.25c level so you can break 1's aswell. But as soon as a €25 is achieved then it must be played. A shortish expiry time can be applied to them to ensure their use. A €100 could have a slightly longer expiry as there is only one final a week. 

UO tour

Same thing. Let anything under €50 be broken down and even let a €50 be broken into two €25's only for those that prefer that route. Again shorter expiry times for €50 tickets and slightly longer for €250.

I think by having low level stakes exchangers every day it replenishes players to play any sat they like during the week over and over again hopefully increasing liquidity and ensuring more tickets that can't be exchanged. By forcing people to play higher levels when they get their by not allowing an exchange and putting a shorter expiry ensures that higher level buyins get filled more often. Perhaps move all higher levels to later in the week but have more of them. Shorter expiry times shouldn't be an issue because if you are playing the sats then surely you want to play the tour so you must be willing to make time for a final.

In my head a grind would look something like 

Mon - weds: UK tour €0-4buyins, UO €0-10 (break down end of each day what isnt used or not needed for the next day)

Thurs/Friday: Same as early week but also UK Tour 25's, UO 50's thats I cant break

Sat/Sun: Same as early week but also, UK and UO Finals that I cant break

Rinse and repeat.

I'm sure I'm missing something completely logical or painfully obvious as to what the problems would be with this but it was an idea I had so had to share Happy

Unibet Poker Expert Leo-Unibet
Unibet Poker Expert

@MetalWolf wrote:

Hi @Leo-Unibet

Im sure Unibet has explored the options and certainly know better than me. You guys do a great job and I trust that in the long run it will be the best balance for players and business.

That being said I had an idea that I thought I'd mention anyway.

What if you had lower tier exchangers at the end of every day but made it impossible to break larger value tickets. For example.

UK tour

Be able to break all €4's at the end of a day. Maybe even add in a 0.25c level so you can break 1's aswell. But as soon as a €25 is achieved then it must be played. A shortish expiry time can be applied to them to ensure their use. A €100 could have a slightly longer expiry as there is only one final a week. 

UO tour

Same thing. Let anything under €50 be broken down and even let a €50 be broken into two €25's only for those that prefer that route. Again shorter expiry times for €50 tickets and slightly longer for €250.

I think by having low level stakes exchangers every day it replenishes players to play any sat they like during the week over and over again hopefully increasing liquidity and ensuring more tickets that can't be exchanged. By forcing people to play higher levels when they get their by not allowing an exchange and putting a shorter expiry ensures that higher level buyins get filled more often. Perhaps move all higher levels to later in the week but have more of them. Shorter expiry times shouldn't be an issue because if you are playing the sats then surely you want to play the tour so you must be willing to make time for a final.

In my head a grind would look something like 

Mon - weds: UK tour €0-4buyins, UO €0-10 (break down end of each day what isnt used or not needed for the next day)

Thurs/Friday: Same as early week but also UK Tour 25's, UO 50's thats I cant break

Sat/Sun: Same as early week but also, UK and UO Finals that I cant break

Rinse and repeat.

I'm sure I'm missing something completely logical or painfully obvious as to what the problems would be with this but it was an idea I had so had to share Happy

@MetalWolf I save these ideas for later. Now we decided to hange the system, if it doesn't turn out well we have to look into other solutions.

Thanks for taking your time.

WuDu Rank 21
Rank 21

@triceraatopp wrote:

I feel so confused, why is everybody feeling this is a bad thing? Im not trying to be rude in any way Im seriously asking.. Why would you want to have 1 quadrillion small tickets and play the same high variance game over and over? And in what way does your quadrillion 1 eur tickets loose value becouse you cant change big tickets to small in the future?

I also think its a misconception that this is something bad to rec players, I myself started to play poker 1 year ago, I had no clue what i was doing and played my first satelite in feb this year deciding to try qualify for a live event. Since then I have won 3 UO and 3 UK packages, and if i that didnt even know what icm meant, can do that anybody can!

Im sure evrybody will benefit from the satelites being played more seriously, it will be more fun and easier for serious players to qualify Smile

Ticket exchanges are a way to reduce the variance. Nobody is exchanging a UO250 Euro ticket into 250 1 Euro tickets just for the sake of it. I'm exchanging the 250s back into 50s in order to be a regular at the UO50 satellites at 8 PM. Others might be more interested in playing the UO10s or the UO25s. The idea is to build up a separate bankroll and then take shots when you're ready instead of being forced into a 12% chance of winning the package.

Btw, the UO2 games are the best qualfiers there are, at least when I played them. I assume I must have had an ROI of 50 % at those games as nobody knows what he/she is doing...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"
God Emperor Trump
Sect7G Rank 16
Rank 16

I have to be honest and say that this move is at best neutral.  You are going to have a better flow upwards of satellite winners since they must play the higher ones but you are going to lose out on the many players that adventually will play the finals for UO's.  I mean in the end if a player has 100 50UO tickets they are worth nothing... so once he feels safe he will play the 250.  I imagine this is a good portion of the regs in the UO sat tree... so I don't expect much change from Unibet's POV.

The principle problem for UO's is a terrible lack of satellites and more specifically the timing of them.  Today there was a 50UO sat that ended in level 6 of the 250UO.  Both tourneys started roughly the same time.  Why not move that 50UO an hour earlier.  Furthermore there's just not enough of them nor the feeders.  Perhaps taking a page out of the SN supersats might be a good idea for UO'S on Sunday.  

The 10 multibuy should be immediately changed to a rebuy.  And there's no reason you couldn't run more rebuys to the 250 starting at two pricepoints.

5euro rebuy (good structure/more players) with 1 seat guaranteed and a 10euro with 2 seats guaranteed.  Assuming an overlay in the 250 any money lost in overlays of the feeder sats on these is still a positive if it provides more players to the target.  I don't expect much overlay though if the structure is ok.

Longterm you guys need to cut away from only tickets (especially on Sundays).  Having the ability to "lock players in" to target events is the best way to ensure stable and predictable guarantees.

0 Likes
radge1 Rank 18
Rank 18

Hi @Leo-Unibet and @Patric-Unibet

I've sent you both a PM re my previous message from last week, attached below.

Regards

radge1

I'm going to have a problem with a log-jam of tickets at the UO10 level......what's the procedure for requesting a one-off manual exchange? Should I PM one/both of you or post in this thread?

Regards

radge1

0 Likes