Changes to Unibet Open and UK Tour exchanger

Leo-Unibet

We have decided to remove the Exchangers on Sundays. This will take place 4th November, after the last Unibet Open Final for Dublin. The tickets will still  have a long validity time, so there will be time enough time for everyone to use their tickets. In exceptional cases we will help out, manually exchanging tickets.

The reason why we are making this change is to be able control satellite ticket flow to maintain and if possible increase the amount of packages we guarantee in the finals. The result of introducing the exchangers hasn’t turned out in a good way, it’s been really difficult to
estimate where and when the tickets would be used. By doing this change we believe it will benefit both us and all players that aiming for a live experience. If you have any questions related to the change, just drop a question to @Patric-Unibet

• Like 7

I'm really disappointed that the auto-exchangers are coming to an end....they were introduced to alleviate the burden on staff having to manually exchange tickets as I remember, and in that respect they have been a great success.

More generally, the ticket exchange is a unique selling point for Unibet....this decision may not necessarily look that great further down the line if it leads to a decrease (after an initial increase and the sharks feeding frenzy as players are forced to use tickets) in UK and UO participation.

I hope @Leo-Unibet the decision will at least be kept under review, and that if the hoped for benefits do not materialise it can be reversed.

Regards

radge1

• Like 9

I haven't used the auto exchanges myself, but the ending of them does feel a bit worrying. I'm worried it might put a stop to people trying to win packages because they don't have the bankroll, and if that is the case then that is a shame.

@Leo-Unibet you have mentioned that it has been difficult to predict when the tickets would be used.  I suspect that the problem over the past 2-3 months has been that the finals have been running without the venue or even the event date being known for a significant period.  Coupled with the fact that Unibet are no longer allowing packages to be postponed to another event has I'm sure put people off.

I personally have reduced right down the number of Unibet Open packages that I have tried to win following the decision to stop people postponing packages.  The dates for the events are released relatively late when compared to other sites. There were reasons for Dublin, but other legs don't seem to get confirmed until the one before is completed.  This makes it difficult for me to attend as by the time I then qualify it is leaving little time to give my employer notice of my holiday request and flights are more expensive by then too.  Ideally, I'd have a package in reserve to use as soon as a leg I can make is announced. And then I'd start trying to qualify for a 2nd package to use the next time.  Now I'm not playing at all.

Would it be possible to feedback a request for packages to be allowed to be carried forward?  Limiting to a max of 1 being allowed to be carried forward feels reasonable. Any 2nd package won must be used immediately - that would help with any concerns Unibet might have with packages being stockpiled.    

• Like 10

Hey all,

we appreciate your feedback in this and are aware that not everybody is happy with the changes but it feels like it was a necessary step we had to take.

We have also forwarded your feedback to the Unibet Open team @sgriff.

We will always have a customer friendly approach and will listen to feedback but at the same time we also have to find the right balance and do what we have to do as a business as these qualifiers are being quite heavy in costs.

Thanks

• Like 5

well, sad beans of cours, i was lucky enough to participate in 3 unibet opens over the years thanks to the system of changing down tickets... on the other hand i'm of meaning that we had what we had. this approach by unibet was an approach i never saw within any pokersite, so cool that we could have this for as long as it lasted!

will probably not put 'real' money  into it, from now on (i know sattelite tickets were also real money worth, but it didn't feel like that if you know what i mean), or at least will definitly not play as many 2 euro , 10 euro and occasionally 50 euro sattelites as i did. (probably as good as none tbh)

what could be a big factor if i do or do not, is that from the moment you can't exchange tickets anymore, the ticket bubbles would become money (or bonus point) bubbles. because now when you put money in a sattelite , that money stays in that pool. that was ok because of the exchanger program, but now that that's gone, i think the honest thing to do is to get money (or bonus points) bubbles when you don't get the main ticket.

This last alinea was actually an idea of hensiepensie but i also stand behind it!

Cheers

• Like 7

@Leo-Unibet wrote:

The reason why we are making this change is to be able control satellite ticket flow to maintain and if possible increase the amount of packages we guarantee in the finals. The result of introducing the exchangers hasn’t turned out in a good way, it’s been really difficult to

estimate where and when the tickets would be used. By doing this change we believe it will benefit both us and all players that aiming for a live experience. If you have any questions related to the change, just drop a question to @Patric-Unibet

You probably have to say that, however I think that's Fake News! Over the last few months, the 50 Euro buy-in to win 250 Euro tickets qualifiers always exceeded the guarantees. Today I played a 50 Euro buy-in, 6 Tix GTD qualifier and almost 40 (!!!) guys participated.

The manual exchanges were stopped in the middle of April, basically leaving us with two UO destinations where exchanges were fully automatic: Bucharest and Dublin. If I remember correctly, the Dublin destination was TBD for a long time. Of course if you cannot exchange packages, some players don't want to make a 250 Euro investment to potentially go to Unibet Open Wolverhampton or Unibet Open Pripyat.

• Like 7
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Im with @radge1 on this.

Im devastated to say the least. Im sitting on 440e tickets with only one 50e one. Many little ones and quadrillion of very little ones. First you encouraged people to exchange the tickets by downgrading them, now this. If not for the exchangers and only 30days of validity i would be now sitting on 5-10 50e tickets, played them all till the 4th and be all with it. Now its seem i was playing for nothing (not counting some sweet bubble money prizes :happy:). And this is really short notice. Exchanger should work at least until end of year. 

You read those blogs that people are building those UO tickets currency, this will end now, far less people will take part in UO qualifiers (decline in participants is a sure thing IMO - early entries may be saturated but from 10e upward it will be very hard to break the gtd maybe if there will be fewer qualifiers, maybe thats the point). Its just a shot at ticket hoarders, sometime ago i was under the impression you dont mind this (ticket exchange and all) but step by step all its seems Unibet grew tired of this. No new money in the open maybe? But whole thing is definitely too fast. 

UO was a flagship of UnibetPoker. 😞  Probably an expensive one, but still.

• Like 2
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Ouch, thats really a painful news. What happened with the mottos, Unibet loves recreational players, "by players, from players"? With this unique satty system a recreational hobby player like myself could dream about the Unibet Open Main Event, the community event and the players party, because it seems much easier if you can break down the tickets. Not everybody is pirahn or nmpfan to qualify right away. A recreational player builds up a decent roll from a single ticket, and makes sure having 10-20 shots on each level to feel more comfortable. 

If you wanna increase the numbers, this is not the right move i guess. Would be much better to announce those venues in advance, not "last minute"... 

Just take away the monthly missions, and there you go, an average pokersite. 

• Like 3

In connection with the latest news, I hardly ever go to a live tournament. thank you unibet :waterfall:  and I think that the prize fund of each live tournament will decrease, because the number of players constantly playing in these tournaments decreases, the problem can only be increased when registering (8 euros per tournament 2 to the common pot), which means the chances will decrease because the number of tickets for low and medium buyins will be less. as a result, it will be a bad decision which way not to look. I don’t understand why, if the old system was profitable / ( it was just possible to cancel tournaments if there are few registered players)

• Like 1

I feel so confused, why is everybody feeling this is a bad thing? Im not trying to be rude in any way Im seriously asking.. Why would you want to have 1 quadrillion small tickets and play the same high variance game over and over? And in what way does your quadrillion 1 eur tickets loose value becouse you cant change big tickets to small in the future?

I also think its a misconception that this is something bad to rec players, I myself started to play poker 1 year ago, I had no clue what i was doing and played my first satelite in feb this year deciding to try qualify for a live event. Since then I have won 3 UO and 3 UK packages, and if i that didnt even know what icm meant, can do that anybody can!

Im sure evrybody will benefit from the satelites being played more seriously, it will be more fun and easier for serious players to qualify :)

• Like 2

@radge1 @triceraatopp @Merenitsu @cris1285 @jerry

I understand these changes aren't appriciated for some of the players,  but for the majority of the players the changes  it woll me a good thing. We didn't just remove the option to exchange bigger ticket to smaller. We also added some smaller qualifiers (€0,20 , €1)  to let "all" players have a chance to go all the way to the sunday final and bink a UO package.

The whole Idea with qualifier steps is that the money goes up to higher steps and finally generates a UO package. The many different buyin variations makes it possible for everyone to jump in on the steps,  level thats match their bankroll.

I really belive this will turn out good for all, we just have to wait some time and evaluate.

• Like 1

I can't believe someone could be in favor of this measure, unless there is a hidden agenda or another interests behind their sayings. But it seems the mayority of the players are against these changes and not just some of them as Unibet says.

I hope this is not set in stone yet and Unibet representatives change their mind when they realize less people are going to play those qualifiers because of this great idea.

• Like 1

Hi @Leo-Unibet

Im sure Unibet has explored the options and certainly know better than me. You guys do a great job and I trust that in the long run it will be the best balance for players and business.

That being said I had an idea that I thought I'd mention anyway.

What if you had lower tier exchangers at the end of every day but made it impossible to break larger value tickets. For example.

UK tour

Be able to break all €4's at the end of a day. Maybe even add in a 0.25c level so you can break 1's aswell. But as soon as a €25 is achieved then it must be played. A shortish expiry time can be applied to them to ensure their use. A €100 could have a slightly longer expiry as there is only one final a week. 

UO tour

Same thing. Let anything under €50 be broken down and even let a €50 be broken into two €25's only for those that prefer that route. Again shorter expiry times for €50 tickets and slightly longer for €250.

I think by having low level stakes exchangers every day it replenishes players to play any sat they like during the week over and over again hopefully increasing liquidity and ensuring more tickets that can't be exchanged. By forcing people to play higher levels when they get their by not allowing an exchange and putting a shorter expiry ensures that higher level buyins get filled more often. Perhaps move all higher levels to later in the week but have more of them. Shorter expiry times shouldn't be an issue because if you are playing the sats then surely you want to play the tour so you must be willing to make time for a final.

In my head a grind would look something like 

Mon - weds: UK tour €0-4buyins, UO €0-10 (break down end of each day what isnt used or not needed for the next day)

Thurs/Friday: Same as early week but also UK Tour 25's, UO 50's thats I cant break

Sat/Sun: Same as early week but also, UK and UO Finals that I cant break

Rinse and repeat.

I'm sure I'm missing something completely logical or painfully obvious as to what the problems would be with this but it was an idea I had so had to share :happy:

• Like 4

@MetalWolf wrote:

Hi @Leo-Unibet

Im sure Unibet has explored the options and certainly know better than me. You guys do a great job and I trust that in the long run it will be the best balance for players and business.

That being said I had an idea that I thought I'd mention anyway.

What if you had lower tier exchangers at the end of every day but made it impossible to break larger value tickets. For example.

UK tour

Be able to break all €4's at the end of a day. Maybe even add in a 0.25c level so you can break 1's aswell. But as soon as a €25 is achieved then it must be played. A shortish expiry time can be applied to them to ensure their use. A €100 could have a slightly longer expiry as there is only one final a week. 

UO tour

Same thing. Let anything under €50 be broken down and even let a €50 be broken into two €25's only for those that prefer that route. Again shorter expiry times for €50 tickets and slightly longer for €250.

I think by having low level stakes exchangers every day it replenishes players to play any sat they like during the week over and over again hopefully increasing liquidity and ensuring more tickets that can't be exchanged. By forcing people to play higher levels when they get their by not allowing an exchange and putting a shorter expiry ensures that higher level buyins get filled more often. Perhaps move all higher levels to later in the week but have more of them. Shorter expiry times shouldn't be an issue because if you are playing the sats then surely you want to play the tour so you must be willing to make time for a final.

In my head a grind would look something like 

Mon - weds: UK tour €0-4buyins, UO €0-10 (break down end of each day what isnt used or not needed for the next day)

Thurs/Friday: Same as early week but also UK Tour 25's, UO 50's thats I cant break

Sat/Sun: Same as early week but also, UK and UO Finals that I cant break

Rinse and repeat.

I'm sure I'm missing something completely logical or painfully obvious as to what the problems would be with this but it was an idea I had so had to share :happy:

@MetalWolf I save these ideas for later. Now we decided to hange the system, if it doesn't turn out well we have to look into other solutions.

Thanks for taking your time.

• Like 1

@triceraatopp wrote:

I feel so confused, why is everybody feeling this is a bad thing? Im not trying to be rude in any way Im seriously asking.. Why would you want to have 1 quadrillion small tickets and play the same high variance game over and over? And in what way does your quadrillion 1 eur tickets loose value becouse you cant change big tickets to small in the future?

I also think its a misconception that this is something bad to rec players, I myself started to play poker 1 year ago, I had no clue what i was doing and played my first satelite in feb this year deciding to try qualify for a live event. Since then I have won 3 UO and 3 UK packages, and if i that didnt even know what icm meant, can do that anybody can!

Im sure evrybody will benefit from the satelites being played more seriously, it will be more fun and easier for serious players to qualify :)

Ticket exchanges are a way to reduce the variance. Nobody is exchanging a UO250 Euro ticket into 250 1 Euro tickets just for the sake of it. I'm exchanging the 250s back into 50s in order to be a regular at the UO50 satellites at 8 PM. Others might be more interested in playing the UO10s or the UO25s. The idea is to build up a separate bankroll and then take shots when you're ready instead of being forced into a 12% chance of winning the package.

Btw, the UO2 games are the best qualfiers there are, at least when I played them. I assume I must have had an ROI of 50 % at those games as nobody knows what he/she is doing...

• Like 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

I have to be honest and say that this move is at best neutral.  You are going to have a better flow upwards of satellite winners since they must play the higher ones but you are going to lose out on the many players that adventually will play the finals for UO's.  I mean in the end if a player has 100 50UO tickets they are worth nothing... so once he feels safe he will play the 250.  I imagine this is a good portion of the regs in the UO sat tree... so I don't expect much change from Unibet's POV.

The principle problem for UO's is a terrible lack of satellites and more specifically the timing of them.  Today there was a 50UO sat that ended in level 6 of the 250UO.  Both tourneys started roughly the same time.  Why not move that 50UO an hour earlier.  Furthermore there's just not enough of them nor the feeders.  Perhaps taking a page out of the SN supersats might be a good idea for UO'S on Sunday.  

The 10 multibuy should be immediately changed to a rebuy.  And there's no reason you couldn't run more rebuys to the 250 starting at two pricepoints.

5euro rebuy (good structure/more players) with 1 seat guaranteed and a 10euro with 2 seats guaranteed.  Assuming an overlay in the 250 any money lost in overlays of the feeder sats on these is still a positive if it provides more players to the target.  I don't expect much overlay though if the structure is ok.

Longterm you guys need to cut away from only tickets (especially on Sundays).  Having the ability to "lock players in" to target events is the best way to ensure stable and predictable guarantees.

Hi @Patric-Unibet

I have tried without success to explain to @Leo-Unibet that the 50xUO2 tickets he credited me with are not currently usable.

This is not because I haven't tried to use them or don't want to use them. When I register a UO2 tournament tickets with an Apr 2019 get used, the drop down does not show the Dec 2018? tickets so obviously they are not available to use. I have even suggested to Leo that one explanation may be that the tickets are dated Dec 2019, which could mean they won't actually work until next year? Leo's curt replies to the effect that "the tickets do so work" is unhelpful to say the least and implies I am a liar, an idiot or both.

I would be grateful if this matter could be ended on a positive note by using the said 50xUO2 as prizes in a community freeroll.

Regards

radge1 

@radge1 wrote:

Hi @Patric-Unibet

I have tried without success to explain to @Leo-Unibet that the 50xUO2 tickets he credited me with are not currently usable.

This is not because I haven't tried to use them or don't want to use them. When I register a UO2 tournament tickets with an Apr 2019 get used, the drop down does not show the Dec 2018? tickets so obviously they are not available to use. I have even suggested to Leo that one explanation may be that the tickets are dated Dec 2019, which could mean they won't actually work until next year? Leo's curt replies to the effect that "the tickets do so work" is unhelpful to say the least and implies I am a liar, an idiot or both.

I would be grateful if this matter could be ended on a positive note by using the said 50xUO2 as prizes in a community freeroll.

Regards

radge1 

@radge1 

Hi again,

I apologize if you have the feeling that I didn't tried my best to explain.

Have you gone to "MY TOURNAMENT TICKETS"  which will show you all your avialible ticket, clicking on the one you want to use and all tournaments open that can be used with that ticket will be displayed.

Please advise!