Any blogs going for UK Tour Brighton?

Darkangel7

Isn't there any blogs going to see who's actually playing in Brighton this time? Which Ambassadors are there? Who's in the community? Any decent hands for analysis? What's happened? Has the UK Tour taken a back seat to everything else? 

Hope everyone is having a blast but hope to read about what's happening down there. The more hype for the UK Tours the better. I think that the UK Tour could become a lot bigger than it currently is. It feels like it's the poor relation to the bigger events happening. Just my opinion. 

Really disappointed not to see a blog although they were there taking pics and writing stuff up. Only chatted with @MathrimC and the ambassadors yesterday who I knew. Dunno who’s there today. I busted around last level last night going for glory and on the pub crawl now. Think Tim has about 200k so looking good for the start of day 2. Might pop in later and see who’s about .

@MetalWolfwrote:

Really disappointed not to see a blog although they were there taking pics and writing stuff up. Only chatted with @MathrimC and the ambassadors yesterday who I knew. Dunno who’s there today. I busted around last level last night going for glory and on the pub crawl now. Think Tim has about 200k so looking good for the start of day 2. Might pop in later and see who’s about .

I have to admit I was surprised by the low number of community members there. I did wonder if this would happen with the qualifiers being reduced right down. However the main feedback was the cost of staying in Brighton  I got round that by driving and staying at a hotel 10 miles away but that isn't an option for everyone.  I hear more people are intending to go to Glasgow so maybe it is a cost issue. 

On a positive note it's good that the guarantee was cleared again. Its still popular with the locals. 

Really disappointed with the social media support for this event. Minimal news on the Facebook page, not many tweets, nothing in the card room inviting participation using a hashtag, ambassadors thin on the ground.  Fourth one I have entered - may not do another.  The activity surrounding the event all adds to the atmosphere, and this is as quiet as it gets.

@Jot_UKwrote:

Really disappointed with the social media support for this event. Minimal news on the Facebook page, not many tweets, nothing in the card room inviting participation using a hashtag, ambassadors thin on the ground.  Fourth one I have entered - may not do another.  The activity surrounding the event all adds to the atmosphere, and this is as quiet as it gets.

Bring back Marc Convey and 23digital !

Whilst the margins on a live event with a £20 fee, full of ambassadors and bounties and added tickets must be very slim (or probably negative) it must surely generate traffic to the site.

Thanks a lot for the feedback @Jot_UK! In your opinion, was it better for the past three events you attended or was it lacking there as well? I'm just trying to gauge whether or not you think we're doing something worse now than in the past, or if always could've been better :)

/Jeppe

Former Community Manager

I suppose the issue for me is that the whole thing is an event, something that is enjoyable for the craic as well as playing the tournament. In previous tournaments I have made new friends.  In the Unibet Open I also got knocked out on the first day, and then palyed two side events, and one event organised through this community.   In Manchester in 2016 I reached the final table and I had a dozen friends reading the blog that was updated every few minutes, watching facebook and twitter for updates, and it became participative. 

The Brighton tournament that ended yesterday must have finished at about 2am but the only tweets using the hashtag #unibetpoker or #uktour were two tweets from the winner in the preceding three hours, one from Unibet showing the final table and one from Daiva Byrne applauding the eventual winner.  There were no stack updates during the final twelve hours except for one tweet applauding the guy who came 2nd increasing from 200K to 700K in a couple of hours - no hand analysis, nothing.

So all in all, my view is that the event is enjoyable in itself, but you could do so much more, using twitter, facebook and a blog (Oh, and lots more photos of the ordinary participants - last year in Brighton four of the players I spent all Day 1 with, ended up on the final table, which was interesting for me, but I only knew that from photos that were posted). 

Side events : Lets have some ; Lots of people who go out after a few hours could have been kept there with a £40-60 turbo. I could go on, but you get the gist.  I enjoyed my tournament, but it could be so much better.

Archived