( Suggestion ) Private Messages like E-Mail RE:- Tech Dept

Nestabear

Is it possible to have your private messages come through like an e-mail, with the message that you sent firstly in the content for easy reference. I find I have to go back to the sent message for reference which takes time, where if it was there in the content, like an e-mail you receive back after sending one out, you could easily reference what was in the sent e-mail, or private message in this case . Just wondering & just an idea. I don't want to give the people in the tech department too much or to hard of a job.

Always remember... You can be... do... or have anything your heart desires !

@Nestabear wrote:

Is it possible to have your private messages come through like an e-mail, with the message that you sent firstly in the content for easy reference. I find I have to go back to the sent message for reference which takes time, where if it was there in the content, like an e-mail you receive back after sending one out, you could easily reference what was in the sent e-mail, or private message in this case . Just wondering & just an idea. I don't want to give the people in the tech department too much or to hard of a job.

I'll investigate what's possible :)

I'm afraid it'll require a fair bit of development work to get it changed on the site. What I probably could do fairly easy is to include both messages/the entire conversation in the trigger emails going out :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've looked further into this, and it turns out there's a newer version of the PM system, which will support what you're requesting. Unfortunately I can't just go ahead and enable it, as a prerequisite for this update is a newer version of the design template we're using. It'll require a lot of styling, before we're ready to launch this, but I've added it to the November/December list of things I'd like to get done :)

Archived