Community update (25/10)

Just pushed an update with both some minor and major changes:

• Unibet Idea Exchange and Bug Reporting is ready. More about this soon, and I expect to make it public later this week (at the moment only a few members got access)
  • The rich text editor as well as quote is now available across all mobile devices – previously only plain text could be written on the majority of mobile devices
  • The community search is now configured so that it’ll always search at the root of the community – before this change it’d always search in the section of the community you were in
  • Because of the above I’ll soon disabled the file upload – there’s no reason to attach an image, when it can be added to the post
  • Likes can now be revoked, and I’ve made the like button slightly easier to hit on mobile devices – personally I often hit the “1 like” by mistake, when wanting to like a post
  • Some text made slightly more visible/bold (e.g. the topic overview when clicking “Poker” or “Betting picks”)
  • The user menu has changed so it's now slide-in instead of drop-down. The # of notifications and PM's will also be shown without having to click the menu
  • Various small design changes

I think we should have a community vote on the slide feature. It's appealing from an aesthetic point of view but makes it a lot more annoying to get to notifications. The notifications/PMs showing up as a mini number is excellent though.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

@Magicadil wrote:

@testuser1 I think we should have a community vote on the slide feature. It's appealing from an aesthetic point of view but makes it a lot more annoying to get to notifications. The notifications/PMs showing up as a mini number is excellent though.

I agree with @Magicadil. Since the pop-out is so big and takes up the entire right side of the screen, it's actually kind of irritating. I liked the old version better. Jmho.

yeah, the profile slide thing is really big, prefer the old version, but not using it many times anyways

the selction for pages at top seem nice, but is it removed again? I would like to go always to the most recent posts on a topic (because  most of the times I click on the topics with recent posts, but I go to page were I was last I guess)

+1 on the resizing of the new profile thing. I like it much better than the popup but just doesn't need to be that big. It's also almost full screen on mobile.

Edit: Is it possible to have it just come out from the top? I know paint butchered my screenshot but you'll get the idea.

Untitled.thumb.png.92222ced7f4d6a4a54e9aedaaf8f1fbe.png

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

I'll make a few changes to the slide-out later today:

• Decrease the width with like 20 % and decrease the max width on mobile with like 10 %
  • Slightly smaller font size
  • Not as bold text as is currently the case

It's not going to be a huge change, but should be an improvement at least.

I've had the slide-out menu on a testing environment for a good 10 days, and in the beginning I was a bit sceptical as well, but it was primarily because I'd gotten so used to clicking my alias and then moving the cursor down, and now I had to move it up, to see the notifications. Today I think the slide-out is way better than the old one, but it does take a bit of getting used to :)

Unfortunately it's not technically possible to let you choose between the different menus, so one member has the old and another the new. 

In a week or so I'll set up a short survey :)

Archived