"I only understand friendship or scorched earth."
–Roger Ailes
0 Likes
Want2Believe Rank 16
Rank 16
WuDu Rank 22
Rank 22

@Want2Believe wrote:

New rumor: Marcus Morris is considering reneging on his agreement with the San Antonio Spurs to take a deal wit... league sources told Yahoo Sports.

incredulous

"I only understand friendship or scorched earth."
–Roger Ailes
Community Manager
Community Manager

We'll have to have the players actually sign the contracts and be officially announced on the teams, exactly because of the Morris situation that's unfolding right now. The same happened some years ago where Deandre Jordan had committed to Dallas, but ended up changing his decision while being "held hostage" by his Clipper teammates: https://www.clipsnation.com/2018/12/21/18151060/doc-rivers-deandre-jordan-2015-free-agency-nba-twitt... as well as sparking the Chris Broussard tweet which is now a meme:
"Sources: Cuban beside himself. Driving around downtown HOUSTON begging (thru texts) Jordan's family 4 address to DeAndre's home" Rofl

On a seperate note, I think the right thing to do is remove the Mirotic points as well as Hunters if he does end up going to Europe as well. It's NBA free agency bingo and not basketball bingo, had I had any idea that Mirotic was going to Europe and signing before NBA free agency started, I wouldn't have included him on the list.

/Jeppe

jerry Rank 19
Rank 19

@Jeppe-Unibet wrote:

1. Copy the list below and enter in the team you think each player signs a new contract with in this NBA free agency period.

In rules there is NBA free agency period and its nowhere to be found that is must be NBA team so im against deducting points Scared

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist
0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's totally fair @jerry, but the specific problem with this pic was that he signed with Barcelona before the NBA free agency period itself had started, so some members who gave their picks later than others had the information at hand as his decision had been made and got a point from it, without actually having made any correct guess. 

Want2Believe Rank 16
Rank 16

@Jeppe-Unibet as for RJ Hunter, I also think we need to remove him. He played 80minutes in total during last three seasons, his last season's annual salary was just $78k (wtf?). If any NBA team wants him, it's maybe only for doing some paper work in the office, but not playing basketball. We may wait forever his new contract.

Imho

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Want2Believe wrote:

@Jeppe-Unibet as for RJ Hunter, I also think we need to remove him. He played 80minutes in total during last three seasons, his last season's annual salary was just $78k (wtf?). If any NBA team wants him, it's maybe only for doing some paper work in the office, but not playing basketball. We may wait forever his new contract.

Imho

You're right @Want2Believe, I wonder how he made it on the top 35 free agents list Wow as he's been on "two way" contracts that allow him to play for the G-league affiliates instead of the main NBA team.