Community SuperToto - Wiki and discussion

Community-Official

On Unibet Community we have our own version of the classic SuperToto, to enjoy the slightly updated format please do read the Wiki here and feel free to as ask any questions you'd like about the promotions :)

First off, here's how you usually join the Community SuperToto competitions: 

1. The first thing you need to do is check when the picks must be submitted. This will always be mentioned in the specific promotions post, but for the weekly Football SuperToto it's usually at 13:29 CET when the first Premier League Saturday match starts, while the promotion itself usually get posted on Wednesday or Thursday, leaving plenty of time for analysis on the matches of the round :Cool
  2. To submit your picks you have to copy the match list from the promotion thread and enter in your picks in the "Pick 1-X-2" column before posting them in the match thread. 

How do I score points and how is the leadeboard updated?

The way you score points is more or less what makes the Community SuperToto different from the regular SuperToto format, instead of just getting one point for a correct pick, you get the number of points that the odds of your pick would have paid out if you had placed it as a bet. 
An example: Real Madrid plays vs Barcelona and the odds on Real is 1.45, the draw at 3.75 and Barcelona to win at 6.45 - you pick Real Madrid and they win, earning you 1.45 points for the leaderboard while anyone else who picked the draw or Barca win gets 0.00 points. Speaking of leaderboards...

The SuperToto's are usually hosted by Excel supreme master and beloved member @Purps, he handles the leaderboard updates where you can track you score over the course  - be kind to him in the threads and he will be the same to you :) 

You can see the leaderboard of past events in the SuperToto archive found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PRD_iQ9SJw8MHwAN5lUxpfNHVr07seJ0Zp6ovCEHP54/edit#gid=0

In the excel sheet, wow do I find the competition I'm in if there are multiple running? Click here

What does it cost to join?

For the most part, nothing as the weekly Weekend SuperToto is free, but sometimes there might be specific competitions where a certain bet is required, usually there'll be a higher prize pool when there is an entry requirement. All in all we aim to have a fairly balanced SuperToto program in terms of free vs a paid entry requirement.

What are the prizes?

The size of the prizes vary depending on the competition, the number of entries and whether or not there's a cost to joining being the most relevant factors. For the prize you may choose between Free bets, Bonus Money or Poker Bonus points that can be used for tickets in the Poker client. 

How do I win the €1000 jackpot:

Simple, you need to get every pick right in one SuperToto competition that has at least 15 matches. The jackpot is paid out as 10 x €100 Freebets that you can place on your choosing :) You might say that's "damn near impossible", but @deanspleen09 did it here in a round of Champions League SuperToto:Cash::Cool:

So should I just create some more accounts using the identity of my friends to get more chances at the free prizes?

You shouldn't, but if you do so anyway you won't be the first person we catch and boot out of the competition. Please note that nobody here likes cheaters, so there'll be no love lost when we ban you from using the Community in the future, making the site look like this when you log in(click the picture to size up):

855475247_writingstoppic.thumb.PNG.cbb4e9be71a6ea16b6f08cf1ac676e19.PNG

We hope you'll enjoy the Community SuperToto competitions, as mentioined earlier, if you have any questions, feedback or ideas on these, just feel free to ask :)

• Like 14

So many users are playing with just draws or 1 or 2 on all the matches in the list.Ok ,yes, the odds are tempting but doesn't sound right to me.Maybe will make things more complicated but we can make a new rule.You should have at least three matches with 1,X and 2 .So in a list with sixteen games you need to have three games -1 and three games- 2.And the rest ten games are ok to have x in this situation.I mean that we need to change this strategy.Even i i have just 1 and x in the Supertoto from tuesday to thursday.But at least i don't have all the games with just 1, x or 2 selections.

@dynamo wrote:

19-09-2019_164407.png.1191d58889a7bdc9fc6fe6fc5d1e7cde.png 

An interesting approach and something nearing the research I've been toying with.

I've long held the belief that draws hold the key to successful football betting, there are too many certainties ( Utd v PALACE and NORWICH v City) that let us down. Picking all draws each week gets close to the leader board and an excess one week could lead to victory. I'm not sure blindly picking all draws is the best way, my research suggests certain ones can be avoided, but an intriguing idea. Of course the week after you win with this system everyone will copy it and the competition is dead, so as @maruni suggests, maybe a minimum requirement would be needed. 

Maybe taking a bit more time over selections is needed!

memory chimps GIF

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@GR1ZZL3R Good point. I also think that draws that occur in the list of matches make a big impact in the standings of a competition like this, , but is unlikely to have a positive yield if choose the X's in all of them. If that would be the case, we might as well place these bets and beat the bookies. It could be profitable on the short term, not on a long term. So, @dynamo could win 1 or 2 weekly prizes, with this interesting approach, I'll look forward to see how it goes as well.

• Like 1

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

@dynamo wrote:

19-09-2019_164407.png.ca77efae5c38de836257f087c8f944e1.png 

An interesting approach and something nearing the research I've been toying with.

I've long held the belief that draws hold the key to successful football betting, there are too many certainties ( Utd v PALACE and NORWICH v City) that let us down. Picking all draws each week gets close to the leader board and an excess one week could lead to victory. I'm not sure blindly picking all draws is the best way, my research suggests certain ones can be avoided, but an intriguing idea. Of course the week after you win with this system everyone will copy it and the competition is dead, so as @maruni suggests, maybe a minimum requirement would be needed. 

Maybe taking a bit more time over selections is needed!

memory chimps GIF

If anyone is the descendant of Nostradamus, please tell me what the scores will be and I'll play them.

• Like 1

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

Picking all draws each week gets close to the leader board and an excess one week could lead to victory. I'm not sure blindly picking all draws is the best way, my research suggests certain ones can be avoided, but an intriguing idea. Of course the week after you win with this system everyone will copy it.

@GR1ZZL3R 

On a game where you are actually ( even when using Unibet odds ) playing against other competitors rather than the bookie, this would be the most illogical thing one could do.

But yeah, if one would blindly make actual football bets, betting on draws will lose you less money that betting on the favorites. Betting on the underdog will make you lose even less, but you'd still be losing.

Now if we go back to this competition, obviously a row with all X's will win at some point, as would every other combination that you would play week after week.

btw, a row with all draws ( or one short ) has been played every week and it's still yet to win anything.

:peace:

Thanks @Purps 

On the tennis comps I've thought of waiting till the last minute and then picking the option with least picks. After all it's mostly a guessing game, and if you do win you're in a raffle with the fewest number of competitors. The last time greyhounds were featured in the horseracing comp @Merenitsu chose the same trap number for every race, probably as good a system as any. Same here, wait till an hour before kickoff then then make your picks according to the least number of choices for each selection, that way you're picking up points when the majority aren't. I can't be bothered to spend the time really but I'm sure someone will have done. I agree,  I'm sure one week all draws will win, as all aways may feature sometime, but it could be a long wait. 

@dynamo 

Where I live we had Mother Shipton predictions, but in general they were pretty much as unreliable as anyone else.

707736719_Screenshot(137).thumb.png.7887a191c9ff848c3ab465d247bdf2d7.png

1483872627_Screenshot(138).png.f0e432914a1b557bfa678633cb4a7ca8.png 

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@Merenitsu wrote:

@GR1ZZL3R  to win 15 out of 15, one option will not help. will be from 3 to 7. it's math

I'm well aware of that @Merenitsu I'm merely discussing the lazy man's guide to betting selections. 15 all the same may actually win one week but as a long term proposition I don't think it's viable. I'm always looking for shortcuts but over the long run there really is no substitute for putting the time in.

study studying GIF

• Like 1

Actually, if you look at all the 86 games so far since week 3, there's no negative correlation between the % of picks and the outcome:

For home wins, the correlation is 0,0925.

For draws, 0,0243.

For away wins, 0,0201.

What does that mean? The unibetcommunity doesn't have much of a clue. Home wins will probably approach 0 over the next few weeks as well.

#UniteBehindTheScience

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@Purps wrote:

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

Picking all draws each week gets close to the leader board and an excess one week could lead to victory. I'm not sure blindly picking all draws is the best way, my research suggests certain ones can be avoided, but an intriguing idea. Of course the week after you win with this system everyone will copy it.

@GR1ZZL3R 

On a game where you are actually ( even when using Unibet odds ) playing against other competitors rather than the bookie, this would be the most illogical thing one could do.

But yeah, if one would blindly make actual football bets, betting on draws will lose you less money that betting on the favorites. Betting on the underdog will make you lose even less, but you'd still be losing.

Now if we go back to this competition, obviously a row with all X's will win at some point, as would every other combination that you would play week after week.

btw, a row with all draws ( or one short ) has been played every week and it's still yet to win anything.

:peace:

There is so much luck involved in supertoto that i suggest best way to win jp would be picking same line every week no matter what matches are. Like some granny has done in finnish supertoto. His man died and she has been buying that same coupon every week and got two times all 13 right. (I've been doing that supertoto for 20 years and 12 is best result :puking: )

And then we have these kind of lottery wins 😪

vak.thumb.JPG.979242a747b85bca04433e82333c4997.JPG

• Like 5

I've decided to make the Wiki thread into a general discussion thread for the SuperToto as well, as there's some discussion about certain subjects that I feel will get kind of lost in the regular weekly promotion threads - so better to keep it here instead. I've been moving some posts from the most recent SuperToto about the X strategy that I think are pretty interesting, and I've removed som of the posts that were already here in the topic as they didn't really have anything to do with SuperToto or the OP :)

/Jeppe

• Like 2
Former Community Manager

Been thinking if people in the competition would be interested in a "Bet the prizes feature"? :)

Proposal I was thinking was that if you win e.g €10 one week, then pooling it up vs others for the next week before Ray or I add it to your account. Then the next week, the members who have joined the pool play internally in a winner take all setup vs each other. 

Example:

Livertool has just won €10 value, instead of me adding it to his account, he writes in a thread that he'd like to pool it. Maruni and Wudu who's also won €10 value says "Hey, we'd like that too!". So the next week, Livertool, Maruni and Wudu compete for a €30 Bonus, Free Bet or equivelant in Poker Points between themselves as well as being in the new main competition. The size of the pool could be as high as many members would be willing to join, wouldn't see a need to limit this. 

• Like 3
Former Community Manager

@JeppeL wrote:

Been thinking if people in the competition would be interested in a "Bet the prizes feature"? :)

Proposal I was thinking was that if you win e.g €10 one week, then pooling it up vs others for the next week before Ray or I add it to your account. Then the next week, the members who have joined the pool play internally in a winner take all setup vs each other. 

Example:

Livertool has just won €10 value, instead of me adding it to his account, he writes in a thread that he'd like to pool it. Maruni and Wudu who's also won €10 value says "Hey, we'd like that too!". So the next week, Livertool, Maruni and Wudu compete for a €30 Bonus, Free Bet or equivelant in Poker Points between themselves as well as being in the new main competition. The size of the pool could be as high as many members would be willing to join, wouldn't see a need to limit this. 

Is that even allowed due to gambling laws? What is my incentive here except that it raises the variance like crazy? I won once in 8 matchdays, with 3 guys pooling it up, I might win once in half a year, emphasis on "might"...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@JeppeL wrote:

Example:

I doubt there would be many/any pooling. Even small freebie is better than no freebie at all.

• Like 3

@WuDu wrote:

Actually, if you look at all the 86 games so far since week 3, there's no negative correlation between the % of picks and the outcome:

For home wins, the correlation is 0,0925.

For draws, 0,0243.

For away wins, 0,0201.

What does that mean? The unibetcommunity doesn't have much of a clue. Home wins will probably approach 0 over the next few weeks as well.

#UniteBehindTheScience

The science has been settled:

Home correlation now at 0,04 (as expected), away correlation roughly the same, however the correlation for draws is now at something like -0,09 or so. Even though I have to steal the dreams of some of you, the last number can be related to the fluky results in Frankfurt and Madrid this weekend. Again there's no significance between the percentage of picks and the outcome. The community in general is just guessing!

#UniteBehindTheScience 👍

• Like 1

@WuDu wrote:

@JeppeL wrote:

Example:

Is that even allowed due to gambling laws? What is my incentive here except that it raises the variance like crazy? I won once in 8 matchdays, with 3 guys pooling it up, I might win once in half a year, emphasis on "might"...

I haven't looked deeper into it, but gambling isn't illegal in the countries that we operate :) The incentive would be for you to compete vs other members in your own mini competition within the SuperToto. You and some others choosing to do that, I see no different than when people sign up for and play against each other in a Poker MTT or SNG, except here there'd be no rake :)

Former Community Manager

@psrquack wrote:

@JeppeL wrote:

I haven't looked deeper into it, but gambling isn't illegal in the countries that we operate :)

It not about illegal gambling but about restrictions like in the swedish market in where adding free stuff(?) are not allowed etc.

For countries where we've deemed it necessary to exclude certain promotions, we've made it so the promotions board cannot be seen. So it would have to be some pretty specifc rules that would cover for members of quite a few countries not being able to join. 

The idea was to make a disclaimer, saying that you as a member agree to put up a free bet or bonus stake for this exact promotion, and everyone would have to write that they agree.

But if there isn't really any interest for this kind of promotion, it's not something I'll pursue :)

• Like 1
Former Community Manager

Need a small PSA as well: There's no wekeend SuperToto on site yet as there are matches played tonight, meaning odds on the matches of the wekeend won't be up until tonight's matches have finished - check back tomorrow please for the weekend schedule :)

• Like 2
Former Community Manager

• 1 month later...